PDA

View Full Version : defender 110 crew cab for sale cheap.

draaronr
08-06-2010, 10:37 PM
black 85 crew cab, 3.5v8 runs and drives fine, frame solid, bulkhead solid, just needs door work. should be fine to drive home (it is a rover though :))
asking 11,950 as is, otherwise will go in the shop shortly for work to be done.
http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff251/draaronr/blackcrewfortom/
www.RoversOutEast.com
or draaronr@gmail.com
or 910-465-0270

Tim Smith
08-08-2010, 01:11 AM
Okay, I'm going to get on my soap box here.

Please let possible buyers know the history on a truck like this. By appearances, the truck is obviously very cool but it's also looking like an expat with no MOT. In other words, a clapped out farmers truck that might make it back home (and thanks for that up front disclaimer).

A US buyer would have no idea by the straight body panels, probably buy it, and then bad things happen. To boot, saying that it will be fixed up if not snatched at this price is almost a predatory tactic for those who want their first rover. You are attracting the wrong kind of business with an ad like this my friend. At least my senses are telling as much. Please update us if I'm wrong.

SafeAirOne
08-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Couldn't help but notice the two different engines in the linked photo album of this Rover. Looks like a 2-carb 3.5 petrol or a 0-carb 2.5 diesel.

kevkon
08-09-2010, 10:53 AM
It's a convertible :thumb-up:

draaronr
08-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Couldn't help but notice the two different engines in the linked photo album of this Rover. Looks like a 2-carb 3.5 petrol or a 0-carb 2.5 diesel.
Ha good call uploaded all the pictures at once, I removed the 2.5NA pictures they are in a white 130, This truck has the 3.5 V8 seen in the earlier picture.

Okay, I'm going to get on my soap box here.

Please let possible buyers know the history on a truck like this. By appearances, the truck is obviously very cool but it's also looking like an expat with no MOT. In other words, a clapped out farmers truck that might make it back home (and thanks for that up front disclaimer).

A US buyer would have no idea by the straight body panels, probably buy it, and then bad things happen. To boot, saying that it will be fixed up if not snatched at this price is almost a predatory tactic for those who want their first rover. You are attracting the wrong kind of business with an ad like this my friend. At least my senses are telling as much. Please update us if I'm wrong.

It's not in the UK anymore so yes it has no MOT it's here in the US with a clean NC title for an 85 land rover 110 so that much you are correct about so far. And yes it may or may not make it. I have no reason to say it wouldn't but if you said you were going to fly in from Idaho and drive it home I would strongly caution you, from DC I would say pack a lunch and bring your ipod.

Not sure what you mean by bad things happen, its a 110 with a good chassis, and good bulkhead, that runs and drives as is, for 11k. That's a solid deal. And it's not predatory at all, it's the real deal, I have 16 110s right now and a 130 and a series and about 4 classics and 6 discoverys. That means I am a dealer. Did you not check the site? As for this deal it has sailed. Took the truck into the shop to start working on it and making the necessary upgrades and changes. So it was a real legit time limit offer that has now expired. I hope that clears it up for anyone that thinks I am a slimy used car salesman. I actually am a hobbyist like you all and have a love and passion for these trucks. I was hoping to pass a solid deal to someone who wanted to get into a cool 110 but couldn't pay 20k plus for one. This was a chance for them to be able to drive and wheel it, while they save for upgrades. If anyone has any real interest in this truck please don't hesitate to call or email me.

I would have addressed this earlier, but rarely come to the site.

mongoswede
08-11-2010, 12:12 AM
I think the predatory comment is referring to all the rovers that get imported due to false ebay auctions. The ones with a fresh paint job and freshly waxoiled chassis...many new owners who thought they got a deal on a real nice rover were miffed with the waxoil revealed it was covering ductaped holes and serious issues. I personally would not import one without either seeing one personally or having a trusted accomplice review. So that I suspect is the reasoning behind the comments by the previous poster.

Cheers

jaycom
08-11-2010, 02:21 AM
Is the 130 for sale?

Tim Smith
08-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. To be honest, I did read this for sale post as coming from a slimy used car salesman and figured this was just one of the soon to be many junk defenders that will be coming to the US. The fact that you responded honestly has cleared up my fears.

I've been seeing a lot of junk 90's and 110's getting passed of as gold lately. It must be wearing off.

draaronr
08-11-2010, 08:42 PM
No worries, I understand protecting the innocent, that's why I make a link to my site, my cell number, etc. Heck I have been around rovers for over a decade now. Shoot unfortunately all the salesman know me at RN :D.

Thanks for clearing that up. To be honest, I did read this for sale post as coming from a slimy used car salesman and figured this was just one of the soon to be many junk defenders that will be coming to the US. The fact that you responded honestly has cleared up my fears.

I've been seeing a lot of junk 90's and 110's getting passed of as gold lately. It must be wearing off.

And it did in fact go in to get the door repaired, it runs so good will leave it as is, may paint, may not. Have a few projects in the shop so still don't have a lot of time to spend on this truck, will likely toss it back out for a bit more to cover my expenses in fixing the nick nacks.

The 130 is a project that will be for sale, but have a series we are putting a 300tdi in, building a really nice 110 with custom d2 seats, and putting a powerstroke 2.8 in a 97 defender, so quite busy.

The 130 will get new front doors, I have ordered a new bulkhead, will have a 300tdi, r380, lhd, td5 dash, ac, and will be a really nice truck, but that will likely be October before that all comes available. I would sell now for the right price as is, but when I get it done I know it will be quite expensive, so if you are seriously interested lets talk. 910-465-0270

TCapelle
08-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Aaron

You tempt me every time you post these defenders..
Wanna trade a 64 Unimog radio box for a 4 door 110- How about the double cab?

tim
612-695-7329

draaronr
08-18-2010, 09:28 PM
well that would be interesting, but i am so engrained in LR it would be tough for me.
Aaron

You tempt me every time you post these defenders..
Wanna trade a 64 Unimog radio box for a 4 door 110- How about the double cab?

tim
612-695-7329