PDA

View Full Version : Reliable Transport Service?

ron thompson
08-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Anybody have a great transport service that they have used? Looking to ship a Series Rover from mid-America to Baltimore Maryland. Preferably in an enclosed carrier. Too busy to fly and retrieve it. Also if you know of any bad ones let me know and I'll steer clear. Thanks

Tim Smith
08-30-2010, 09:10 PM
I wish I knew the name of the company. I sold an old BMW 2002 someone years ago and the buyer arranged the transport. He did it through a booking company who found the driver and he showed up one day to pick it up. That was the only car I shed a tear over (haven't sold a rover yet) but the carrier was really good. I gave him the keys and watched as he figured out the clutch and transmission. He loaded the car with all the treatment I would have, locked it down and was off.

It was a sad moment for me but I was elated when the buyer contacted me and told me how perfectly the car arrived.

The driver had a dully pickup truck with a fifth wheel trailer. Probably a little guy who couldn't just pick up your truck for cheap but I'm sure there are others.

Our hosts have a driver like this for frames and other large items. He's also very good but I doubt you could get him to do one delivery for cheap.

You want to pay for someone to drive it? :)

jac04
08-31-2010, 11:52 AM
When I sold my '63, the buyer arranged transport with FedEx Custom Critical (who then subs it out) in an enclosed trailer. Very professional & careful. A little pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Monkeyboy
09-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Enclosed Vehicle Transport - call Kevin - just brought an 80" from West Chester to Iowa for me.

Great guys, on time, good communication.

KAA

bmohan55
09-09-2010, 04:08 PM
I used Abilene Motor Express - 804-275-0224 out of Richmond VA, Ask for Allen and tell him Bob Mohan reffered you. I do alot of bussiness with them professionally. You will need to hire a roll-off to both load and unload the truck, unless it's being delivered to a loading dock. They are a regular over the road carrier but will do this kind of work also to get a truck home.

ron thompson
09-10-2010, 04:20 PM
great lead thanks.