PDA

View Full Version : Kennebunk/Kennebunkport area

msggunny
09-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Anyone around here live there?

We are moving there next week, didnt know if i was going to be the only one there to support the "green oval"

stomper
09-18-2010, 06:03 AM
You will see plenty of green ovals down there, but not many of them will be enthusiasts. The only Land Rover Dealer in Maine is right up the road in Scarborough. Older Rovers are around, but I'm not sure who has one down there. I saw 2 old series rovers in the parking lot next to Dimillo's Resturaunt in Portland, so they had to come from somewhere.

msggunny
09-18-2010, 08:23 AM
You will see plenty of green ovals down there, but not many of them will be enthusiasts. The only Land Rover Dealer in Maine is right up the road in Scarborough. Older Rovers are around, but I'm not sure who has one down there. I saw 2 old series rovers in the parking lot next to Dimillo's Resturaunt in Portland, so they had to come from somewhere.

My wife puts around 4 people a day in rentals from that LR dealer for service contracts........

There was a guy wanting to buy some parts of the 72 88 i just bought who was supposedly from the area too. Dont have his contact info just yet, curious if he was on this site or one of the other ones.

lrdukdog
09-18-2010, 11:48 AM
Gunny, have you put this on the G&R board? There are folks up that way on that BBS.
Good luck with the move.
Jim Wolf

Nasdiesel
09-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Several of us live in the York/Portsmouth area.

Paul and Judson
10-12-2010, 10:04 AM
I live in Kennebunkport and my son and I have a 1972 Series III 88. We are in the process of restoring it.

There is an EXCELLENT and very knowledgeable English car mechanic on the River Road in Kennebunkport. His name is Eric Van Sickle and he can help with advise and repairs. He is a very nice fellow

Cove Rover
11-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Hey ms gunny, Yup he is a nice guy. I get my work done by Matt Browne down at Overland Engineering on Rt. 236 in Eliot. It's in the shop right now by you may see my old white 110 in the area. I'm at 11 South Maine.
Welcome to the area!
-Barry Jones

msggunny
11-18-2010, 07:43 AM
Hey ms gunny, Yup he is a nice guy. I get my work done by Matt Browne down at Overland Engineering on Rt. 236 in Eliot. It's in the shop right now by you may see my old white 110 in the area. I'm at 11 South Maine.
Welcome to the area!
-Barry Jones

I was just at Matt's shop last week, i work in Kittery so its a short detour to swing by there. Great place, lots of nice toys. Felt like a kid in a candy store!

I am driving a D1 with a Safari Snorkle and the wife drives a white 04D2, both with Ohio plates. The series is under a cover for now....

Terrys
11-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Gunny, are you at the Navy/CG yard?

msggunny
11-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Gunny, are you at the Navy/CG yard?

Yup, they just moved my unit there at the end of September.