PDA

View Full Version : How many Rovers qualifies as a "Fleet"?

msggunny
09-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Just bought my 5th Rover, so now i have a total of 4 in my possession.

Its a 72 SIII 88 with a galvi frame, extra 2.25 and a frozen 2.25. Has a Fairy OD and a hard top.

With this one i should be able to graft my 77 with it and make a decent rover.

Terrys
09-17-2010, 03:50 PM
4 makes the beginings of a good fleet. That '72 sounds pretty good.
I've been up to 6, but just two now.I just bought a '73 this summer, starting my third dozen. Yes, I'm certifiable. My son has 4, so the acorn yada yada.

DuckDoc
09-24-2010, 08:10 AM
Well, I just added 3 more trucks from my recent trip to Europe, so, it's 7 now........not that I am boasting, or anything ;)

RoverForm
12-03-2010, 06:18 PM
how can you guys have so many vehicles? i mean i understand hoarding rovers... but i'm just thinking about:

space?
money?
time?

msggunny
12-04-2010, 07:42 AM
how can you guys have so many vehicles? i mean i understand hoarding rovers... but i'm just thinking about:

space?
money?
time?

Space: just moved into a house with a 2 car garage and a shed. 1 SIII is outside the shed under a tarp and the other is in various pieces awaiting me to get off my butt and pull the engine so i can start to morph the two into one. The 2 disco's live in the garage and are DD's.

Money: still working on that one! (the project SIII's get what's left over after the 2 DD's required preventative maintenance and other bills. All 4 are paid off so all i have is a gas/maintenance bill for them)

Time: i have a very liberal schedule when time off is concerned, however when i do work its long and tiring. That may change in a few years if i get stationed at another unit or if i retire from Uncle Sam's Misguided Children and have to get a "real" job....

AU_88
12-04-2010, 02:50 PM
I have 3 right now and will probably get another one next year... Two live with me in Auburn and the other lives in my garage at my house in ATL.