PDA

View Full Version : Heat

JohnRover
10-28-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm having a heating problem, drivers side blows hot air, passengers blow cold. I need to fix this soon any help would be great.

2000 with 4.6 100k on her.

kevin-ct
10-29-2010, 06:35 AM
Sounds like the blend door motors. Is the book icon on in your display?

JohnRover
10-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Yes book is in screen, also I just noticed the heat will not work if the truck is sitting at idle, only while driving.

kevin-ct
10-31-2010, 06:58 AM
Your best bet is goto the dealer or a Land Rover repair shop and have the codes read/cleared.

Sounds like the blend door motors. A real PITA! If a P38 has never had the blend door motors done, it will need them.

Rineheitzgabot
11-01-2010, 06:20 AM
Not an expert, by any means, on P38's, but your heat variance from idle to higher RPM's makes me think that burping and making sure you are full with coolant, is worth a try.

Firemanshort
11-01-2010, 12:38 PM
I am not a Range Rover Expert.... but....

Book Icon:
First check that your pollen filters are not completely clogged - this is easy and cheap. A clogged pollen filter(s) will overheat a blower motor.

Second check the relays in to verify that one is not burnt. Normally, the book icon indicates a burnt (dead) relay for the heater fans / blend motors.

Third - login to RangeRovers.net to find real Range Rover support.

joshua.mcguoirk
12-10-2010, 05:00 AM
As a previous poster stated... http://rangerovers.net will have all of the trouble shooting guides you require.

Changing out the blend motors for the DIY is a real PITA. These failed on my '99 P38a. To forgo a complete swap of motors during the cold months... I disconnected the R side motor and manually opened the door flap to allow heat into the cabin. I too will need to replace the unit (comes pre-wired in a 3 pack).

If you have money to burn... the dealer will be more then happy to make this repair at a tune of nearly $2000.00 US, parts and labour.

Good luck.