PDA

View Full Version : Suspension upgrade for 03' Disco II ?

Nate7
01-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Thinking of a suspension upgrade. 95% road driving but aggressive driving where response is appreciated!. With 90K, noticed the suspension is getting a bit plush. So the question is are some basic things to do to improve my suspension response? Should the springs be addressed. No sag really noticed so do I move on to the shocks? Looking at the new OME which discuss heavy loads, oversized tires which tell me they may be a bit stiffer. Bilstein shocks describe normal loads/tires, impression - standard replacement. So if greater response is desired, then the OME's. Any thoughts to this?

Also was looking at a 2" spring lift. (the spacers to add under the spring base plate). Would this affect other things along the drive train? ie. rotoflex drive shaft flanges etc, and would brake lines need to be extended for only 2"?

AU_88
01-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Thinking of a suspension upgrade. 95% road driving but aggressive driving where response is appreciated!. With 90K, noticed the suspension is getting a bit plush. So the question is are some basic things to do to improve my suspension response? Should the springs be addressed. No sag really noticed so do I move on to the shocks? Looking at the new OME which discuss heavy loads, oversized tires which tell me they may be a bit stiffer. Bilstein shocks describe normal loads/tires, impression - standard replacement. So if greater response is desired, then the OME's. Any thoughts to this?

Also was looking at a 2" spring lift. (the spacers to add under the spring base plate). Would this affect other things along the drive train? ie. rotoflex drive shaft flanges etc, and would brake lines need to be extended for only 2"?

I had the 2" OME on my DII with the OME shocks for a while. I really liked the way it drove. The shocks are fine, they ride pretty nice. As far as extending brake lines, radius arms, rotoflex, etc., you don't need to change anything. I still have the original rotoflex on my DII at 123k miles with ~4" of lift and several years of off-roading, but generally I carry a spare when off-roading.

After you put the lift on, which you can do easily with a floor jack, jack stands and rented spring compressors from an auto parts store, you will want some new tires, and to save you and us another post, 265/75r16 is a good tire size with the lift.

Nate7
01-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Appreciate the insight through your experience!

Gremlin
01-28-2011, 09:38 PM
I put RTE 2in springs with OME shocks in my 00 D2, like above didn't have to do any other mods. On the Lucky 8 website they have some videos about spring swaps