PDA

View Full Version : Tool kit

Billy5
05-29-2011, 09:55 AM
Hello everyone, I am curious if Series rovers came with tool kits from the factory. If so, where could one find these. I would imagine a tool roll of some kind if they did.

kwd509
05-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Last September I reclaimed my father's rover, from a field in Tennessee.
It had a tool roll, though the role itself had disintegrated. I have the tools and include some photos. There is a very small grease gun- for which I do not have a photo.

Hope this helps.
Jay

Billy5
05-30-2011, 08:49 AM
Thats great! Thank you for the pictures. Now I have something to go by to track them down.

TedW
06-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Billy:
The parts book for series trucks lists all the components for the tool kits. PM me and I can send you a scan of it if you want.

My truck came with its original tool roll - only missing the grease gun, which I replaced. I have assembled a few extra tool rolls - wasn't cheap to do, and I won't do it again, but let me know what you need and I might be able to help.

Ted

Billy5
06-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Hey Ted,
Thank you. I am buying a 1969 series 2a. My first one, and its in great shape. I forgot to ask seller if it had it. I assume it may not, only I can imagine it disappearing long ago. I was thinking it would be nice to have. But I am also a little nutty in that regard:D

TedW
06-05-2011, 08:22 AM
Hey Ted,
Thank you. I am buying a 1969 series 2a. My first one, and its in great shape. I forgot to ask seller if it had it. I assume it may not, only I can imagine it disappearing long ago. I was thinking it would be nice to have. But I am also a little nutty in that regard:D

No need to apologize for that on this forum, Billy! I've had my IIA for almost 20 years, and have spent that time making my truck as stock as possible. Series trucks use some funky-sized fasteners (Whitworth), so it's very handy to have the right sized wrenches. The toll roll has them.

Make sure you have a starting handle, too. You'll use it for various things.