PDA

View Full Version : diesel conversion

Skipper
04-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Ok everyone has to of known that this was coming, it has been rumored to have of been done, who spoecifically has put a mercedes 300TD into a Disco? The gas engine is fine and all but... I'm looking for links or a shop that's done this. Thanks.
Skip

Buddy
04-15-2007, 01:45 PM
I don't know anybody that's done it to a disco but I do know two people that have done it in 109's.

I think the biggest challenge would be if you have a Post 96 OBDII Disco and trying to get it past inspection with the 300TD. Other then that just making it fit and run would not be too ticky if you have good fab skills and a machine shop that will do custom work.

UNC Discovery
06-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Buddy, I have a neighbor on the next street who has a dosco and he told m e he heard of a guy in canada putting a deisel IZUZU v4 in his disco and he said his gas milage went from 16-18 to about 32..i can find out specifics for you if you want..

Buddy
06-03-2007, 07:17 AM
Buddy, I have a neighbor on the next street who has a dosco and he told m e he heard of a guy in canada putting a deisel IZUZU v4 in his disco and he said his gas milage went from 16-18 to about 32..i can find out specifics for you if you want..

Thanks but it would not do me much good anyway since mine is a 97 and has to pass emissions inspection. So it would be more trouble then it's worth at this point.

SGFMORover
06-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Rover had diesels available in over-seas discos; Robison service might be able to give you more info on that swap?