PDA

View Full Version : emissions

CliftonRover
04-17-2007, 11:29 AM
I am planning to register my 89 range rover in connecticut. I bought it and it had a emissions fail sticker on the windshield. I am also about to do a custom exhaust, headders, flowmaster... do I really need to put cats in. it was registered in state before, and its more than ten years old. I'm unsure about the laws. I know we registered our 109 the other day without even taking it to be inspected and it hadn't been registered in years. does anyone know that the CT laws are about emissions testing.

J!m
04-17-2007, 12:09 PM
CT has started their emissions program again, and you will be tested at some point.

Now, if you're lucky, they'll sniff the pipe, which will not be a problem.

If you are unlucky, they will plug in your truck and read the fault codes. Any fault code, regardless of reason or actual engine emissions will be a fail. You will not be able to renew your registration until you pass emissions, but you won't be able to drive to emissions testing to test- so they have you by the balls...

I'm going through this now with my BMW. It emits less than a 2.8 liter (but it's a 3.2 liter) yet fails emissions because of the traction control module (which has nothing to do with emissions, but causes a check engine light) and I cannot get a passing test...

Good luck!