PDA

View Full Version : to sell the 73 88 or not??

Rat Patrol
08-29-2011, 09:50 AM
SO the question is do I sell the 73 SIII 88 w/ 60K orignal miles to help with buying a house...down payment?

Any thoughts?

Ncrover725
09-06-2011, 09:31 AM
I just sold my boat to purchase my first Series rover. My train of thought was they will continue to make the same boat that I sold. They will never make a series truck again. I might as well go in the hole now and buy a piece of functional history.

Rat Patrol
09-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Thats kinda how I'm leaning but the housing market doesn't make it easy to own two homes when the market in Montana stinks.

Almost forgot, how do you like the Series? I trust the Bragg traffic isn't running you over.

Billy5
09-07-2011, 05:24 PM
I would say if you dont have to..dont. 6ok original is tough to find let alone replace. I went through that once, never again. I will die before I sell my series. Well, thats a little drastic. I used some retirement money to buy my first one, my current one. Why? I only live once, and it was a good deal, and now I drive history while others drive something available at any corner lot.

Rat Patrol
09-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Well, PHYDXO is safe in the garage for now....keep you fingers crossed the housing market starts back up in Montana.

Ncrover725
09-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Fort Bragg traffic is not beating me up too bad. After I got the truck back from Maine I drove it daily between Bragg, Mackall, and my house. I then drove it to Fort Fisher for a little beach driving. A recent diff leak and water pump have slowed me down a bit. My neighbor has a series iii 88 I am trying to get him motivated to get his own the road. As of right now I think I am the only series on the road. I have seen a few d90 s and one 110. I definitely have loads of trails to explore.

ecodx123
09-11-2011, 09:53 AM
don't do it, i was going to sell my 73 series 3, lots of folks looked but none had a clue, iwas going to sell to buy other things, it worked out i did not need to sell her. glad i did

Rat Patrol
09-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Its down to the wire and is now listed in the for sale section....it won't be easy but not many other options left.:sly:

Terrys
09-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Don't beat yourself up over the deal. If the sale price is enough to make the load easier on the monthly, do it. There are plenty of S3s out there. I bought a 29K original mile truck last fall and turned down another on the way home with it. Now a low mileage 2A, that's worth pondering a bit longer.

Rat Patrol
10-10-2011, 06:36 PM
The Gods have made the decission.....still driving her:thumb-up:

Rat Patrol
10-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Fort Bragg traffic is not beating me up too bad. After I got the truck back from Maine I drove it daily between Bragg, Mackall, and my house. I then drove it to Fort Fisher for a little beach driving. A recent diff leak and water pump have slowed me down a bit. My neighbor has a series iii 88 I am trying to get him motivated to get his own the road. As of right now I think I am the only series on the road. I have seen a few d90 s and one 110. I definitely have loads of trails to explore.

I saw a D90 come thru the Pope gate but that was it. I'm sure the Series fits in well at Mackall...just don't use her for a training aide with the students:nono:

Ncrover725
10-12-2011, 09:30 PM
I used her as a C2 vehicle for some FRIES and helocast work last week. She is also spending a bunch of time at Mackall on Rhine Luzon DZ. The good news is if I break down there are a bunch of students available to push her home.

Rat Patrol
10-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Sounds like your doing well by her. It's been a long time since I got to helocast .....miss those days sometimes.