PDA

View Full Version : 95 LWB ABS TC warning Lights!

scott95LWB
05-09-2007, 03:19 PM
I have a problem with my ABS TC system, my fault display sometimes shows both lights after starting and sometimes it takes a while after driving for a while and sometimes they never light up! I tested for fault codes. It came up 28 so I replaced both relays and still the same problem! Any ideas?

Also I hope I reading the light flashes right!

1 Long flash (3 seconds) , pause, 1 fast flash, pause, 2 Fast flashes, pause, 8 fast flashes, repeat.

Thank You!
Scott

jsaw88
05-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Scott
I have not posted on the board in a long time, but I have an 88RRC 95RRC SWB and 96 Disco. My 95 does the exact same thing until I tap the ABS sensors back into the top of the callipers, on my truck its always the front ones. I have tried replaciong the seal and bushing around the sensor which helps, but I still have to reset them on occasion. More often than not, and no one can convince me I am in peril, I let the light gleefully stay on until I work in resetting the sensor.

scott95LWB
06-04-2007, 08:14 AM
Thank you for the information, last week I decided to replace the ABS seals and Bushs in the front. When I remove the ABS mounting plates I noticed on the Right front side that the thrust bearing and the thrust washer below it were destroyed with the top thrust washer pitted badly. I had to flush the swivel housing well with carb cleaner to remove the small pin bearings for the thrust bearing and other metal debrie. I fill the hub with Rover grease and all is well for the last 200 miles.

The thrust bearings and thrust washers were cheap from the deal!

Thrust washer two for each side FTC2066 list $2.70 each
Thrust bearing one for each side FTC2065 list $4.68 each

:thumb-up:
Thank you!
Scott

57loboy
09-28-2007, 07:45 AM
Identical issue occuring with the 95 LWB I just picked up - appreciate the post and will tap those sensors back in and see where it takes me. Gotta love the "search" function!