PDA

View Full Version : 1967 NADA IIA 109 Safari 4dr SW in Colorado

jeffrey
05-11-2007, 09:27 AM
$8,000 Firm

Purchased for $12,500 in1998

When purchased in ‘98 the rover was advertised as follows:

FRAME- hand cleaned and painted with interior flushed and retained original paint; new front spring mount at rear and new rear cross-frame components installed. SUSPENSION- All new springs, bushings, bump stops, shocks and hardware. SWIVEL PIN HOUSINGS- All new components and seals, including swivel balls and leather gaiters. STEERING- All new components in box, relay refurbished, ball joints refurbished with new boots and alignment set. BRAKES- Original single system, all new components to include master/booster (upgraded from original with Jag), wheel lines, hoses, cylinders, springs, shoes and linings with drums turned within spec and refurbished pedal assembly. WHEELS AND TIRES- Custom 16 inch wheels with Bridgestone 235/85R 16 (maybe 15K miles to date-purchased ‘02) REAR AXLE- Differential assembly rebuilt, new half shafts, and rebuilt hubs. FRONT AXLE-Differential assembly rebuilt, new U-joints in front shafts, all new bearings and components, rebuilt hubs and original LR lock outs rebuilt. PROPELLER SHAFTS- Have new U-Joints and seals and installed with new boots and bolts. GEARBOX- Series IIA rebuilt with all new components in the main gearbox, new Fairy Overdrive Unit installed, transferbox refurbished, transmission brake rebuilt with new springs, shoes and linings, and speedometer drive housing rebuilt with new cable installed. ENGINE- Conversion to a totally rebuilt 1974 292ci Chevy 6 cylinder with custom throttle linkage, conversion as needed to unleaded fuel, no emissions equipment, and all new ancillary components; mated to Land Rover Gearbox via Scotty’s Adapter Plate using modified GM flywheel. CLUTCH-New 9.5 in Land Rover Assembly with Series IIA release assembly, new master and slave cylinders, lines and hoses; refurbished pedal assembly. COOLING- Using the original Land Rover radiator, which has been recorred and modified to receive the GM hoses, engine driven fan + single Hayden 16” thermostatically controlled thin-line fan. FUEL SYSTEM- Original Land Rover 109 rear mounted tank with Chevy mechanical fuel pump and electric backup pump. EXHAUST SYSTEM- Original LR with adaptation to Chevy 6. BODY- All original Series IIA with galvanized trim, heated windscreens, new window tracts/seals and refubished hardware, fixed window reset with new sealer; new mirrors wings and door, and 3M strip caulk/undercoating to seal. HEATER- Series IIA heavy duty US with 2 speed fan, refubished and sealed core. WIPERS/WASHERS- 1 Speed Series IIA. ELECTRICAL- 60 amp Delco alternator, heavy duty battery switch and cable, all new Land Rover wiring harnesses and custom wiring for the engine conversions and accessories; all wiring staged and secured with tie wraps and all connectors grouped and protected. LIGHTING- All original Series IIA, halogen headlamps, Hella 550 Driving Lamps, Hella 550 Clear Fog/Driving lamp, and reversing lamps, interior lighting is all original. INTERIOR- All original LR with new upholstery in original black with full seating retained (12 seater). INSTRUMENTS- Rebuilt standard Series IIA Land Rover cluster and speedometer calibrated to wheel/tires + ammeter and period Smiths Tach. SWITCHES- All heavy duty metal 50 amp = LR original equipment. TOP- Original Safari top with vents.

According to the previous owner, This LR had a track record of 2 Nationals in Colorado and was nicknamed “the Beast” by Bill Burke of Bill Burke’s 4 Wheeling America.

Have logs of work done on Rover from previous owner and self up to date.

Since purchased in ‘98 I kept this vehicle in top condition. However, it has been sitting for long periods of time in the high country of Colorado and needs attention in a number of areas.
Pin hole leak in bottom of gas tank.
Seals in Master brake and clutch cylinders need replacement.
Engine needs tune up (Carburetor may need overhaul?). Needs new speedometer cable. Brakes need attention-possibly bled.
Seats and interior in excellent condition. Truck is painted in grey primer.
Truck is sitting in South Central Colorado. I am presently in the midwest and am planning to be at the truck within the next few weeks. If interested in vehicle, we can set up appointment to meet. The truck might need to be trailered to your house. It's been sitting for 8 months. If you have questions please feel free to call or email me. I can be more specific with what exact attention the truck needs. Even though it needs some attention, it's a great truck. I have a couple of exterior pictures I can email (not sure how to attach to this advertisement or if someone can tell me how, I'll post again with a couple of pics), and a few interior pics that I can mail to a serious buyer.

Thank you
Jeffrey Learned
641-233-0329

jeffrey
05-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Here is, at least, one picture

highmile
11-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Is this truck still available for sale?

PM Sent

Thanks!

greenmeanie
01-31-2008, 11:13 AM
Same question as high mile - is this truck still for sale?

Cheers
Gregor

highmile
01-31-2008, 05:38 PM
Gregor

Try PMing the seller. I PM'ed him back in November and he did respond. If I recall the story, he had moved out to Oregon and gave the truck to his girlfriend that I think he said was also in Oregon. The truck, however was still located in Crestone, Colorado. He was going to ask his girlfriend if she was interested in selling, and get back to me. Never heard anymore.