PDA

View Full Version : BRAKE PROBLEM- ABS LIGHT

blakerover
05-11-2007, 10:28 PM
I have a 1996 disocvery . When i start the car put it in reverse it slides like the brakes dont even work then i hear some motor or pump working and the anti lock light comes on. After that the brakes work great. Is their anyway to disengage or disconnect the anti lock brakes? I hate them anyways off road. Any help would be appreciated thank you Blake

jonnyrover
06-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Blake,
I have the same problem, however, my light is on constantly and the loud motor or pump that you feel is really strong. Any tips from anyone else out there???

SGFMORover
06-18-2007, 09:30 PM
the pump you here is the ABS kicking in, applying and releasing pressure on your behalf.... sensors out of adjustment can cause this. there is an ABS troubleshooting procedure... I'll see if i can remember what the hell it is. system doesn't usually play well unhooked.

jonnyrover
06-20-2007, 08:58 AM
Blake,

I grabbed the troubleshooting guide off of the RN website. It was listed as one of their free instruction documents. it is a pdf and it covers the diagnostic codes, etc. this may help. I haven't had the opportunity to actually do the trouble shooting yet myself.

Maybe this weekend. Here is the link: http://www.roversnorth.com/store/t-downloadsinstructions.aspx

Cheers.
Jonathan