PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Range Rover For Sale: priced to move (and make my wife happy)

dandruka
08-03-2013, 12:25 PM
I had a weak moment. I bought this 1998 range rover earlier this spring to fix up and turn a quick buck. However, time has gotten away form me and with grad school starting in three weeks, this will have to be another persons project.

it has about 150k, complete, and not that much wrong with it. I bought knowing there was a head gasket leak that ended up blowing the heater core. I also ran the dash codes and the only code that popped was the charcoal canister. It will definitely need at least two new tires (probably all four for inspection). It drove surprising well even with a head gasket issue. There were no tappings or noises indicating any issue with liners etc prior to disassemble.

Other then that, it's in really incredible shape, hence, the reason why I bought it. The former owner had the truck since 2002 and took very good care of it. Never been in an accident, very little frame rust...mostly surface in and around welds etc., and no dents. There are a few areas of aluminum bubbling but overall, very straight.

I currently have the top end disassembled with the heads packed up to take to a shop but like I said, I just have ran out of time. I don't want it to turn into yard art and my wife and neighbors likely share the same sentiment.

Please PM me if interested. I can give you my contact info. I'm in the Portland Maine area. $800

DGG
11-16-2013, 07:51 AM
Is this still for sale?