PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Land Rover Defender 90

craigp
10-01-2014, 08:42 AM
This is a LHD Defender which spent its life in Souther Italy till it was shipped to Canada last year. This is not an ex-military truck and I don't use it off road (well...maybe just a few times to see what she could do).

Chassis and bulkhead are excellent...maybe perfect. 2.5 turbo diesel is newer and in excellent shape. This truck is my daily driver. I love the truck but need something bigger for the kids...so looking for the right 110 to come along.

Not sure how to post photos on this forum so here is a link to an online listing for my truck on Kijiji.com

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/1988-land-rover-defender-90-wagon/1011368768?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I would be happy to facilitate shipping.

craigp
10-02-2014, 12:35 PM
Most of the interest for this truck seems to be coming form the States...so here is what I have found out;

-cost for an Import Broker to do all of the paperwork is $350
-cost to ship the truck from Toronto to a secure auto storage facility in Michigan is $500
-duty on the vehicle will be 3% of whatever is recorded on the sales receipt
-I simply create a sales receipt and sign the back of the ownership document.

Thats it. Pretty simple and surprisingly affordable.

Moose
10-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Just posting this picture because I have it. Saw this 90 recently at British Car Day and spoke briefly to the seller. Didn't drive it or crawl under it but it looks like a really nice truck.

Brett

craigp
10-06-2014, 03:40 PM
Hey Brett...thanks...thats her!
I think I recall our chat. You have a 200tdi that you are thinking about dropping into your 88? Or maybe that was someone else.
Anyhow...that was a fun show.
Cheers

Craig

Moose
10-06-2014, 08:35 PM
Hi Craig

Yes, that was me. And it was a good show given that a lot of folks were scared off by the rain early in the morning. Good luck with the sale. No way I can talk the wife into a third LR.

Brett

craigp
10-07-2014, 08:39 AM
Yup..turned out to be a brilliant day as far as the weather is concerned.