PDA

View Full Version : RRear window switches: how to check?

tz779
07-05-2007, 06:19 PM
RRC people:
i searched the forum for window malfunction, but did not find my solution: so her goes: right rear window will not work, motor tests ok, but i suspect the switch either in the rear door or the one on the driver's console. how do i check them for power without shorting-out the circuit!! i just KNOW i will do this if i proceed on my own intuition. i have a wiring diagram, so i know grey/white is (-) adn grey/orange(+). grey/green is ? should i have 12 volts between grey/white and grey/org with key on? or does switch have to be actuated? thanks in advance..
-rob
cape cod

Rwiggins951
07-18-2007, 07:10 PM
Both of my rear windows would not work on my 95 classic. I used the diagnostic flow in the CD-rom manuals. Pointed me to a bad window-lift ecu. That solved the problem. Short of checking the ECU, I would just compare the results on the left side versus right. You wont short anything by checking the switch terminals for 12v and for continuity to ground. I'd just start by switching the switches left to right. That will tell you quickly if it is a switch problem.

Good luck,
Rod