PDA

View Full Version : 93 Classic heat/air fan, radio, clock stopped

erganomic
07-09-2007, 08:36 AM
I have a 93 Rover Classic -- yesterday suddenly lost all power for the heat/air fan, radio and clock. Checked dash fuses - all ok. Is there a relay or another fuse that powers these things? If so, anyone know where they are located?
Thanks for the help!

Terrys
07-10-2007, 07:25 AM
Coming off the battery + post is a cable, going into a mesh sleeve. Inside that sleeve are 9 fusable links. Also, unfortunately, inside the sleeve, there will be moisture, causing corrosion on the links. These are a failure issue. Some people have gone to the trouble of changing out all the fusable links with a nice maxifuse block, but I've never found anything in the manuals to indicate what the current rating is for each link, so it requires calculating the load on each circuit and using appropriate fuses.

erganomic
07-10-2007, 08:57 AM
Terrific -- I noticed last night some fraying at the edge of the sleeve when I disconnected the battery. I doublechecked all fuses in the vehicle - none are blown. Your suggestion could also explain some other failures - some old, some recent-- driver's electric seat, front windshield washer, interior dome light - none are working.

Do you recommend cutting out the old link and just replacing with a comparable link? Thanks again for your invaluable help!

erganomic
07-11-2007, 08:08 AM
It worked! I took the mesh off of the sleeve and immediately saw that one of the links had come apart. Reconnected and wrapped back up and everything works. Thanks again for the tip!