PDA

View Full Version : Hot Under The Collar!!

kfyfe
07-10-2007, 04:15 PM
I am recently back into the Disco 2 fold after a short break. My recent acquisition a 2000 TD5 ES Auto is proving a little problematic with steering box problems and now over heating. I hear head gaskets are common? It was in the garage last week for a leaking rocker cover and thats when the problem started. Could renewing the rocker cover cause head gasket problems? or what are other likely causes? in standing traffic the needle rises eventually limiting engine revs and has one occasion disabled the auto box. I have also noted that at the same time the air con and heater seem to be affected (aircon not cold and heater not hot!). Any help would be appreciated. Karl

tempestv8
08-07-2007, 07:16 AM
Are you losing coolant? If not, then you don't have a coolant leak, so replacing the head gasket is probably NOT the right thing to do.

Sounds like your thermostat may be stuck closed. Usually it's simple stuff like that.

Sometimes it could be a very blocked up radiator on the outside if you have been "wading" through very deep mud, and it's dried onto the radiator fins, blocking airflow.

RangeRover1Tx
09-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Are you trying to say "He's losing his cool"??

hehe.

Overheating problems are frustrating though. Did it get worked out??