PDA

View Full Version : Antilock dashboard light is on

ramosr
09-08-2007, 09:08 AM
I have a 1996 Disco and the Antilock dashboard light is on. Is there anything I can do to diagnose the problem or do I have to take it to the dealer? Thanks....

LH Drive
09-08-2007, 09:17 AM
We would not know what an antilock flash light looks like..... This is a Series l,ll & lll page not Disco l or ll, Better ask on the Disco board.

Bostonian1976
09-08-2007, 11:45 AM
I think my iia has antilock brakes - i doubt i could get them to lock up :D

TSR53
09-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Play nice boys... it is still a Land Rover (moved to proper forum).

xrover
09-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Your anti-lock brake light will stay on until 5 mph and then turn off while driving.

If it doesnt, check the tire size thats currently on the rover. If you are running 235-75-16 or bigger tires you might see intermittent ABS light action (or staying on).

Seems to be the same on my 97 Disco I SD, I figured out how to live with it and not pay to change my ABS sensor for 650.00 at LR service.

As for those who were not playing fair..... Everyone needs a get-a-way mobile you know...... this may be the next series owner....

P.S. My 97 Disco is my wifes daily driver and she hates soccer... :thumb-up:

joshua.mcguoirk
10-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Go figure, I would have never imagined the tire size being an issue. Makes sense, I have the larger tires, received the warning light, removed the bulb from the socket behind the "idiot light". Alas, no more reminder.

Next is not for the faint of heart, I typically run around with the ABS multi-plug removed from the actuator. This is especially helpful when off roading, I've found.