PDA

View Full Version : Defender 110 NAS fluctuating fuel gage

polardoc
10-06-2007, 01:22 PM
After rain there is always water on the driver's side floor especially if parked uphill. Dripping from underneath the dash through the instrument panel, not the bulkhead. Where are the leaks -- where does the water get in???
I think because of this water the fuel guage has gone totally erratic. Any advice.? Thanks.

Terrys
10-06-2007, 04:11 PM
I think because of this water the fuel guage has gone totally erratic. Any advice.? Thanks.

Not related,except that they are both common.
The seal between the windshiled frame and bulkhead top is probably where it's coming in. Seal it with some silicone.
My fuel guage was a real roller coaster. When the sender finally died and was replaced, the problem ceased. That may not be your problem but was mine. The other cause can be the voltage stanilizer, which you'll find behhind the intrument binacle, commonly goes bad. Stock water temp guage usually gets even less reliable than it was when new when the stabilizer starts acting up.

J!m
10-09-2007, 12:19 PM
The dash vent door seals may be the culprit as well.

As to the water leaks, that simply is your indication that you have a genuine Land-Rover product. My 110 leaks nearly as bad as my series does...

funk49
10-20-2007, 03:41 AM
After rain there is always water on the driver's side floor especially if parked uphill. Dripping from underneath the dash through the instrument panel, not the bulkhead. Where are the leaks -- where does the water get in???

I have the SAME DAMN PROBLEM on mine. God forbid I open the window after it rains...I'll have a gallon of water in my lap from the rain gutters. I think I'm going to have to give the silicone a try.

Terrys
10-20-2007, 06:05 AM
The dash vent door seals may be the culprit as well.

Jim, You're so used to your 110, you forgot, NAS 110s don't have dash vents (unless the bulhead was replaced, as I did on mine.)