PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vendors

S3AIRPORT
10-24-2007, 09:19 AM
I have seen the listing on the Series BBS for many and varied vendors with much feedback, anybody have any thoughts on Range Rover/Discovery vendors?
Is there much to choose from or are they all selling the same stuff with dirrent methods of sales?

:confused::confused::confused:

Les Parker
10-25-2007, 09:29 AM
How about our hosts? Seems like the Proline range is forever expanding.

Les Parker
10-26-2007, 04:04 PM
After seeing the responses on the Series BBS. I'm surprised that folks have not written any info on this.... maybe all are loyal to RN? We DO sell a lot of parts for the Discovery I & II plus Classic Range Rovers.

Stephen99D1
11-04-2007, 06:55 PM
maybe all are loyal to RN?

Well, more or less. I've shopped at most of the larger-name vendors over the last few years of Rover ownership. I've narrowed my primary choices to the list below. I don't nit pick the prices for a buck here or a buck there. Customer service brings me back.

Most parts I tend to buy from RN, especially if it is a specialty item that isn't listed in any catalogs. Occassionally I'll buy something small from Rover Connection. Despite many enthusiasts believing that the dealerships are the devil incarnate, I've actually been buying some parts from them lately - but only because they're across the street from where I'm stationed and hence easy to get to. Surprisingly, their prices are on par with most online vendors (with a club discount, and taking into account no shipping). Often they're the only place to find just the right size bolt.

For aftermarket accessories (toys), I prefer Expedition Exchange and RN.

Aaron98Disco
11-05-2007, 06:23 AM
My two cents.. The bigger vendors (including our host, & especially AB) could sort out their web-based stores a bit, mostly.. the search engines. It drives my business elsewhere at times (& mostly to EE). All I want is to get to the product I searched for. With the new RN site I use Google of all things to find items I am looking for. That is my only gripe.. Service at RN, in person, & via phone has always been great otherwise.

nosivad_bor
11-10-2007, 08:50 AM
I have been using RN more as I am starting a long list of preventative maintence on my Discovery. It is endlessly frustrating to use the search function. If you don't type it in just right its not going to show up. I tend to use the online catalog as the quickest way to shop but it doesn't include half of the inventory.

The other little issue I have with the site is when the search does work and there are multiple pages you get to the bottom of the page it doesn't show there are more pages, you must go all the way back to the top and click the next page - now the trouble isn't scrolling up but rather remembering to scroll up to see if there are more pages. I very often get to the bottom and give up my search.

landroverclimbsover
12-29-2007, 09:47 PM
Service at RN, in person, & via phone has always been great otherwise.

I have to totally agree. In the past, I have done a lot of business with Atlantic British, however, lately I have been disappointed with the personal service. The longer I own my rovers, the more interesting the problems become! When I call AB to ask a question, I almost get the impressing I am wasting their time unless I order a part right then and there. Lately, I have been ordering more from RN and Steve and others have been more then happy to chat with me about problems whether I order parts or not. I plan to use RN in the future.