PDA

View Full Version : 93 LWB Brake Problem

bibbt
11-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Tonight I backed into a sign post and immediately when I got back into the truck after inspecting the damage, my brake pedal became very sensitive and feels like it actually pushes back when I apply the brake. This seems really strange seeing as the only damage was a broken tail light lens and a damaged bumper end. What the heck does this have to do with my brakes? It also seems like the front/rear brake bias is out of whack,but I have no warning lights on. Anyone ever had this happen?

Thanks,
Bibb T. Gault
93 LWB
San Antonio,Texas
210-501-9058

heiff
11-12-2006, 10:18 PM
I would check and make sure that all the brake lights and dash warning lights are functional - a failed rear brake lamp registers an error in the brake ECU.

bibbt
11-13-2006, 01:08 AM
I checked and all dash lamps and all stop/tail lamps are working. Any ideas? ABS pump runs for much less time at start up in the morning than before this happened, but does run for about 5 seconds with every touch of the brake pedal. Am I right in that if my accumulator was bad,the pump would run for long periods of time? I remember years ago, this board was very active. Where did they all go?

singingcamel
11-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Bibb your right , if the accumulator is weak your pump will run longer.
i think your sx's is coincidental.it may be a valve in your valve block that could be failing.(big thing with all the brake lines going to it)
i have a 1994 r.rover that does the same thing.pedal comes back up at you when brakes applied.no fix yet.
if you find the cause i would like to know.
good luck .marc
http://singingcamel.com

singingcamel
12-11-2006, 02:10 PM
problem solved???