PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum Advance Connections 1995 County 3.9

Jamilton
11-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Hey everyone! I discovered that the line from my vacuum advance was tucked in under a wiring loom along the left side of the intake and not connected to anything at all! The loose end has a nice little 90 deg. rubber boot on it though.

I'm looking for where it is supposed to be connected and can't find it.

On my truck, there is a vacuum line running from the top of the plennum, right above the butterfly, and routed to the air filter box. All that i've read says that the vacuum advance should be connected to that same spot on the plennum but what i'm seeing here looks like factory connections to the air box.

I'm hoping that sorting this out will help my cold engine rough idle and slight hesitation from stand-still problems.

Thanks so much for all of your help!

Jeff H.

Jamilton
11-13-2007, 09:17 AM
I still can't find where to connect the vacuum line from the advance on my 1995 RRC 3.9. Oh well, my vacuum advance is dead anyway cause I can suck air through it pretty easily. I guess I'll need to replace (or try to repair?). So should I install some sort of tee fitting at the top of the plenum? Can someone out there look at their 95 and let me know how they are connected?

Thanks,

joshua.mcguoirk
11-14-2007, 06:34 PM
I still can't find where to connect the vacuum line from the advance on my 1995 RRC 3.9. Oh well, my vacuum advance is dead anyway cause I can suck air through it pretty easily. I guess I'll need to replace (or try to repair?). So should I install some sort of tee fitting at the top of the plenum? Can someone out there look at their 95 and let me know how they are connected?

Thanks,

I have a '90 RR with the 3.9L. Mine is connected to the top of the plenum without a tee fitting.

Jamilton
11-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the info. Joshua.

I'm thinking they changed it somtime near the end of the run, not sure why though. But the connection from my plenum to the air filter box definetely looks like it's factory. I really just want to keep it as close to original as possible. After all, the brilliant engineers at Land Rover would not just change it for no good reason... or would they? :o

Anyone else with a 95 that still has the vacuum advance tubing connected that could please describe?

Thanks,

Jeff H.