PDA

View Full Version : Heated seats

Bootlover101
12-01-2007, 01:50 PM
One other thing, the heated seats stoped working on my 1998 LR Disco 1 SD. What happend there and how do I get em working? Thay worked last winter, and early this fall, though I noticed a hotspot in the drivers seat kinda under the left thigh area of the seat. Now neather the passanger or drivers seat heat up.

4flattires
12-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Most of us Series guys have the kind of seats that heat up with the benefit of mid-summer days.

Have you tried the Disco board?

Jeff

Enigma
12-01-2007, 06:01 PM
I'm from northern Ontario Canada. What are heated seats???

Actually, even though this is a series boad, I owned a 99 Discovery for 3 years on a lease and experienced difficulty with the switches that operated the heated seats and its movement. I believe they were provided by Mercedes which is one reason I don't own a Mercedes. The other reason being cost but thats a minor detail right??

I have a series 2 that I use to plow my driveway and I rebuilt the seats and covered them with fabric. Cold really is not an issue at least in the seats as far as I am concerned.

Cheers John

Bootlover101
12-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Thanks guys, but whats a "Disco Board"??? Both the lights on the heated seat switches do light up. :cheers

LaneRover
12-02-2007, 01:30 PM
The 'Discovery Board' is the section of this forum for Discovery's

The 'Series' board/forum comes from The late 1940's into the early 1980's 'Series vehicles' that started Land Rover. It doesn't refer to the Discovery 'Series II'

Just look at the links and you will see a link for 'Discovery' and then it will give you a choice for Series 1, series 2 or LR3

Best of luck on getting answers!

Brent

Dav1550
12-02-2007, 01:57 PM
A bit difficult to do with the Disco,,,,though a true benefit of series ownership

For it's easy enough keep the seat bottoms in the house and carry them out and drop them in place for those frosty mornings...:thumb-up:

Dave

74 SIIIsw
00 SII

4flattires
12-02-2007, 02:25 PM
..you got to the series section of the forum through a link from another site...

Here is the Disco 1 board link:

http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Check back with us often and tell us how things like power steering, air conditioning, cruise control and the much revered CEL has enhanced the driving experience (said with tongue in cheek) :thumb-up: . We get to roll down the window....err...sorry....slide back the window to get some fresh air.

:)

Jeff

TSR53
12-03-2007, 08:05 AM
I've moved this to the proper forum.