PDA

View Full Version : new owner

jackson01disc
12-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Hey everyone!! I am a new owner of a 01 disco 2! I have been an avid off roader all my life and have been a jeep owner in the past. I have always been intrigued by the Land Rover and now I finally have one. 63000 miles exellent cond. Any problems that might arise a heads up would greatly be appreciated. Thanks for any replies...jackson

DiscoMania
12-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Hi- be aware of the "three amigos". Your ABS, Traction Control and Hill Descent warning lights will all come on at the same time. Happens on almost all Disco IIs. It usually is the sensors on your wheels - the questions is which one? Sometimes you could end up chging teh entire wheel hun which could be costly! Be aware - land Rover never took responsibiltiy for this and you and away end up flipping the bill grrrrrr!

jackson01disc
12-09-2007, 02:31 PM
I have heard of the "three amigos" and will be on the look out for them. A friend of mine had a DII and loved it, I have always loved them myself. Just worried about reliability and the usual quirks of owning a brand of truck that i have never owned before. U Know.........their personalities...............so far we are getting along fine... but worried about our first fight you know??$$$$$