PDA

View Full Version : Blower Motor Installation

kde
12-18-2007, 03:38 PM
My 1995 D90's a/c or heater is not working. The a/c unit makes noise when turned on, but does not blow air -- therefore I am set to replace the blower motor.

Is the a/c blower motor and the heater blower motor located in the same place (the cyclinder box under the aftermarket a/c system by the passenger's feet)?

Do I simply need to remove 6 or 7 screws and replace the blower motors with new units?

I have already removed part of the dash (but feel this was unnecessary).

Maxredd90
12-18-2007, 09:09 PM
I can tell you, you don't need to remove the dash to install! Mine just fell out a few days ago! Not sure how all of those screws worked there way loose, but they did. Now there on for good with some lock-tight. But anyway that is the same unit and it couldn't be easier to install

Terrys
12-19-2007, 05:07 AM
The AC and Heater use seperate blowers. The heater core and blower motor are under the bonnet in the back righthand (passenger) corner.
If neither are working, look for something they have in common, such as electrics.

kde
12-19-2007, 08:52 AM
This may be a more difficult task than I originally imagined, as the working space is so tight by the passenger's feet. The blower motor compartment has screws on the bottom and on the top (that I can't get to). I thought that I could simply remove the bottom screws and the unit would fall out...

kde
12-19-2007, 08:55 AM
The AC and Heater use seperate blowers. The heater core and blower motor are under the bonnet in the back righthand (passenger) corner.
If neither are working, look for something they have in common, such as electrics.

Terry -- (assuming that the motors need to be replaced), are you saying that I need to replace one motor under the hood for heat and another motor under the passenger feet for a/c?

kde
12-21-2007, 11:24 AM

My 15amp fuse for the heater keeps blowing (instantly, when the blower is turned on). So, I either have a "short" somewhere or my blower motor is broke, right?

I have checked that the blower motor spins freely by sticking a screwdriver in the end -- everything moves fine.

Also, I checked as many wires as possible and can't find anything that is bare or disconnected.

What do I do next?

kde
12-21-2007, 01:26 PM
I found that my fuse blows when I move the blower switch down to the point where it hits the area where two wires come off the yellow metal portion of the switch (confusing if you aren't looking at the switch).

The blower switch has one black wire coming off the top of it, and two wires coming off the bottom -- one yellow and one greenish grey. Whenever the switch lowers to the points where it hits these bottom wires -- my fuse blows!

Why?