PDA

View Full Version : retrofitting jump seats (need parts diagram)

alligatorfoot
01-11-2008, 08:53 AM
If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it either with advice or a parts diagram for my Disco1. Bought a set of jumpseats from one that had rear air. Passenger side has same set up but driver's side has set up for rear a/c utilizing the cage mounting and I need to get the brackets for a normal non-rear air set up. Seems like rover north has brackets but not sure if these are the ones I need to do the conversion (BTR9852PMA-55PMA). Thanks.

rover_chump
01-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Greetings,
By looking in Factory Land Rover parts catalogs, there are no differences in brackets if the car has rear A/C or not. So....I would be willing to bet...those part numbers should work fine. :thumb-up:
Peace,
Art

alligatorfoot
01-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Ordering parts today (and with a little praying everything should line up).

malawibrian
02-22-2008, 03:43 PM
I bought the same ones you did - the one for rear air. I couldn't find the right brackets so I mounted them, put in the seat, and built a wooden box for my tools etc., around the brackets. A mighty pain though!

Where did you get the correct brackets? Rovers north? Can you get me the part number and cost? I bought my set of jump seats on ebay and the guy didn't send all the parts so my right side isn't in still. Thanks!

kevin-ct
02-22-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm parting out a 97 with rear seat and air. Let me know if you need any parts.

Kevin

alligatorfoot
02-27-2008, 08:25 PM
I ordered brackets from Rovers North. I spoke to them and they seemed to think that I was ordering the correct parts. It will take about 10 days for them to get them in and I will let you know if they were what I needed for the refit. I do not have the parts numbers but will supply them when I get the invoice (there are four brackets right upper, right lower, left upper, left lower). I did not have any luck finding the trim which the seat brackets and seat belts go through and was told to just use a dremmel to make the necessary cuts.

Hope this helps,

Mark

alligatorfoot
02-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Sorry for the duble post but I just found what I belive are the parts numbers and the cost was about $40 total w/o shipping:
-BTR9852PMA
-BTR9853PMA
-BTR9854PMA
-BTR9855PMA

Mark

Thaniel
04-26-2008, 07:21 PM
Sorry for the duble post but I just found what I belive are the parts numbers and the cost was about $40 total w/o shipping:
-BTR9852PMA
-BTR9853PMA
-BTR9854PMA
-BTR9855PMA

Mark

Hey did these parts work out on the LH side?

I just bought a set of seats but they came from a rear air version. I see no reason to use the bracket used to clear the rear air unit (that I don't have) if I don't have to :D

alligatorfoot
05-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Hi,

I haven't had a chance to install the parts yet however I quickly compared the brackets that came with the passenger side seat (non-ac side) and they match up and are the same ones that I ordered (see posting above for the parts#). I will let you know how they fit but I am probably not going to get to installing the seats for a few weeks.

My recommendation would be to install the passenger side first as the bolt holes should already be lined up and then take that learning and apply it to the drivers side rear seat.

Lastly, I found the installing directions on the internet so if you need them let me know and I will dig up the website. Also someone on e-bay used to sell the trim pieces that the jump seat brackets go through however I can no longer find those parts (I will continue to look but let me know if you know anybody who supplies these parts -- Rovers North did not have them and did not know where I could get them).

Regards,

Mark

Thaniel
05-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Hi,

I haven't had a chance to install the parts yet however I quickly compared the brackets that came with the passenger side seat (non-ac side) and they match up and are the same ones that I ordered (see posting above for the parts#). I will let you know how they fit but I am probably not going to get to installing the seats for a few weeks.

My recommendation would be to install the passenger side first as the bolt holes should already be lined up and then take that learning and apply it to the drivers side rear seat.

Lastly, I found the installing directions on the internet so if you need them let me know and I will dig up the website. Also someone on e-bay used to sell the trim pieces that the jump seat brackets go through however I can no longer find those parts (I will continue to look but let me know if you know anybody who supplies these parts -- Rovers North did not have them and did not know where I could get them).

Regards,

Mark

Thanks. I just installed mine saturday. It fit great. I cut the trim piece I had using a rubbing of the RH side one. It worked as well. There are different part#"s for the brackets for earlier disco I's to later. I'll try to upload the parts list that Rovers North faxed to me. Also I ended up with one extra upper bracket.

Ah the file is illegible compressed and too large to upload. Rovers north will fax it anyone needs it.

Thaniel
05-21-2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks. I just installed mine saturday. It fit great. I cut the trim piece I had using a rubbing of the RH side one. It worked as well. There are different part#"s for the brackets for earlier disco I's to later. I'll try to upload the parts list that Rovers North faxed to me. Also I ended up with one extra upper bracket.

Ah the file is illegible compressed and too large to upload. Rovers north will fax it anyone needs it.
Here it is. I managed to make it a size that I can upload. If you can't read the part#'s I attached a blow up of just that area (check the attached files).

http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=903&stc=1&d=1211421069