PDA

View Full Version : Red Battery Warning Light

CaliDiscowner
01-15-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm having an issue where the red battery warning light illuminates when I'm idling (at a stop light or something similar), but immediately disappears once I step on the accelerator. I've noticed there are times when it doesn't come on at all when I'm at idle. I just replaced the alternator and battery last week, so I'm thinking it might be related to that. Anyone have a guess?

On a side note, within the past couple of months, I've had a few things suddenly pop up; Service Engine Soon (cleared code and never came back), the 3 Amigos issue (ABS), and the Alternator failed and had to replace it. Can anyone guess if there is any correlation between any of these events? Might there be something triggering these? It's a long shot, but is it possible they are related? Or, am I just having a string of bad luck. My Disco II does have 107,000 miles on it, and up until 2 months ago, I hadn't had any of the above issues. Then suddenly I've had 3 things happen in succession, that are seemingly unrelated to me, but I'm definitely no expert.

Thanks for any help provided...

Cheers!