PDA

View Full Version : 1995 County Classic in Paramus, NJ--$1500

Lindzmk2
02-04-2008, 12:04 PM
I am selling my 1995 County SWB (Alpine white/Sorrel leather). 138k miles on the clock. I am (or rather my Father was) the ORIGINAL OWNER. Truck has been immaculately maintained, always serviced at a Land Rover Dealer, always OEM parts. For years, technicians have tried to buy the truck from me. I have every service record. Car (http://www.landroversonly.com/forums/f15/1500-1995-county-classic-paramus-nj-22188/#) has lived in the Northeast (NY, MA) her whole life.

She runs strong. All electrics work perfectly. The windshields are intact (the rear tailgate glass is less than 2 years old and has no rust on it). 5 weeks ago, I had the rear drive shaft coupler replaced, front pads and rotors done, rear pads done. In the past 9 months, she's had brand new oil cooler lines, head gaskets, oil pan gasket, and front crank seal all re-sealed, brand new alternator (all LR original NEW parts). Transmission was also flushed and serviced at 130k. Wheels are clean, rims are round, tires have 15k miles on them (Michelin Synchrone 2058/TR16 of course--the spare is perfect, 15 mos old).

The bad news: she suffered a SERIOUS hit to the passenger side. A-D pillars. The FRAME IS NOT BENT. But she needs $10k worth of body work. And I just don't have the time to be without my Rover (I already went to TX and bought a 'substitute'). If you want, send me a PM and I will email you the body shop estimate/laundry list.

The service staff at the dealer will happily vouch for the mechanical quality of the car (I already have a few techs who "may" be intrested, but I want to cover all my bases).

Car is located at Land Rover Paramus in Paramus, NJ (Bergen County), about 15 mins from NYC and easily accessible from all major highways. $1500 cash and you can have the title and the truck (my December service receipt for the vehicle (http://www.landroversonly.com/forums/f15/1500-1995-county-classic-paramus-nj-22188/#) was $2300, so I feel like this is a really fair price). You would need to come and get her. She does drive, but the rear lights are bashed in and I suspect you would get a ticket on the highway if you were driving her a long distance (also, the fuel door is a bit mashed so I'm not sure if it opens... I think she has 1/2 a tank in her). So unless you live close, I would think you should be prepared for a flatbed...

She's totally OEM, except no front fog lights/lower front fascia because I ran over a wild turkey years ago (see my avatar picture with my Dog in the foreground). Coil conversion was done in 2001. Transfer case is stuck in high-gear--that was going to be next on my list of work to get done. I literally had the appointment booked at the dealership (http://www.landroversonly.com/forums/f15/1500-1995-county-classic-paramus-nj-22188/#) for the day after the fatal accident!

Interior is clean but well-loved. Headliner doesn't sag, but does show its age. Non-smokers car. Radio, CD changer work like new. Again, everything looks like it did the day in July 1995 she rolled off the assembly line. Nothing after-market! Seats move, seat heaters work. I have the factory rubber mats. All electrics work perfectly (had the rear window relay replaced last year).

Let me know if you're interested and I will email you pictures. They're not pretty, but the usable parts really are. You can email me directly at lindsay(dot)koval(at)gmail(dot)com.

Thanks for looking!

Walt
02-13-2008, 07:21 AM
Is your 95 RRC still available?
Thanks,
Walt