PDA

View Full Version : Stereo questions

msggunny
02-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Seriously, i have searched and the general consensus seems that you have to gut or bypass the stock setup and run new wires for a successful radio set up.

Has anyone been able to use the stock set up with an aftermarket head unit?

Just deciding if i should quit wasting my time trying to get it to work and tear the sucker apart so i can rewire it.

Here is my problem:

I installed a new head unit and ran an OEM 2 interface that is supposed to allow the stereo to hook into the stock setup. It also has it running through the stock amp.

The radio works, but when i turn on the A/C, or run the wipers, you can hear the electrical interference coming through the speakers.

I have checked the ground that i have hooked into the radio, i can actually disconnect it and still hear the noise.

I do not have the rear factory subs hooked up yet though, could this be a problem?

Thanks.

groundhog
02-17-2008, 06:08 PM
You could try one of those noise suppressor coils from Radio Shack on your hot wire to the radio. It will probably help some but may not completely cure the problem. Also you could talk to the installers at a place like Circuit City to get some advice.
Bruce