PDA

View Full Version : It's March Anybody going out into the Woods Soon?

uralrover
03-03-2008, 07:24 AM
Here it is leading into spring, anybody planning an adventure through the woods soon. Been Living through the white stuff plenty fine and series III running good (at the moment) so I want to get a chance to join in with the boys......Let me know, please!

ducttape
03-03-2008, 02:29 PM
I'd go crazy sitting inside all winter, waiting for the spring.

uralrover
03-03-2008, 04:52 PM
So I've been going out on my own into very unframiliar territory in hopes of discovering parts of the Adriondaks I've never seen before. Which honestly is all of it since I've only been here since December. Going it alone is bad, (DUH) and I've been lucky in that everytime I've made it back with only minor repairs needed. Been stuck once enough where I had to use a High-lift and tools to dig my way out (again the Rover Goddess shined on me) so I'd rather not get into someplace unframiliar that I am stuck alone. Just looking for another Roverphyle to get out into the gret outdoors with withou causing to much dam,age on my stock truck.

ducttape
03-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Yes, I can relate. I wasn't passing judgement, just joking really.

On that trip I got stuck twice in the middle of no place with my son and dog. First time I spent 30 minutes doing the 1st R rocking, 2nd time only 15. I might add, both of them were next to useless as far as help. Thank goodness my 11 y.o. daughter wasn't there, or I would be branded a horrible person forever!

But it was still worth the trip and excitement. It's really neat driving these things!

KevinNY
04-02-2008, 08:14 PM
4x4 Fest at Sporty's tavern in Minerva is Saturday. Basically a big muddy hill climb, a few trails , cheap beer and great people watching. In that order please, last time someone got "enthusiastic" and attacked the hill in the family minivan!:nono: