PDA

View Full Version : New - Me to the Forum & D1 to me.

Derek up North
04-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Hi all. I just picked up a '94 D1 and have got to get myself familiar with it. I've a couple of questions for starters.

1 - I've got to do the rear brakes, including a rotor/disc. So that I can try and have all the tools required before tearing things apart, what size are the large nuts on the end of the axle?

2 - I assume that the D1 has power door locks. How are these actuated? I see no sign of a button inside to lock/unlock them all, as I'd expect. And from outside? Remote?

3 - Was an alarm installed at the factory? Under the radio there's a red LED that I would expect to flash for an alarm system. But it shows no sign of life.

Thanks in advance. :thumb-up:

BTW, Hi Les.

Stephen99D1
04-15-2008, 12:17 AM
A few quick answers...

Hi all. I just picked up a '94 D1 and have got to get myself familiar with it. I've a couple of questions for starters.

1 - I've got to do the rear brakes, including a rotor/disc. So that I can try and have all the tools required before tearing things apart, what size are the large nuts on the end of the axle? I assume you're talking about the hub nut and not the 5 lug nuts holding the wheel to the axle hub? Can't remember the size, but I do remember searching every major auto parts place in my area and no one had the right size. Just order the hub nut tool from RN.

2 - I assume that the D1 has power door locks. How are these actuated? I see no sign of a button inside to lock/unlock them all, as I'd expect. And from outside? Remote? Just pull up or push down to lock/unlock them all. From the outside, yes, you use the remote.

3 - Was an alarm installed at the factory? Under the radio there's a red LED that I would expect to flash for an alarm system. But it shows no sign of life. Yes at factory, but not sure of that light. I have a '99 so it's probably a bit different anyway.

Thanks in advance. :thumb-up:

BTW, Hi Les.

Derek up North
04-16-2008, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the answer. I've been doing some searching and it seems that the hub nut requires a 52mm socket. And a 2 1/16" will also do the job.

Well, nothing happens to the other door lock when I lock the drivers door, either from inside or outside. I didn't get any remote with the truck.

And no sign of life from the alarm light.

Thanks again.

Les Parker
04-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Hello there, Derek

So you've moved from Mini's and Classic Range Rovers?
The hub nut tool is 2 1/16", (TBS89B)
Alarm light should be on the dash, by the speedo/tacho.
The radio has its own "bleepin' " light.

Hope this helps,