PDA

View Full Version : AntiLock Warning Light On

rescober
05-24-2008, 02:30 PM
I have a 1996 Disco with the ABS (AntiLock) light ON, I cleaned and pulled both front ABS Sensor but didn't notice when I removed it whether the sensor is mounted all the down to the rubber boot. I tried remounting the cleaned senser but it wouldn't go down all the way to the boot. Instead is it a little off the rubber boot where the line on the sensor is showing. I didn't want to force it that I may create a damage to the sensor. Can you please tell me if there is a proper way of remounting the sensor or is there an alignment guide that I need to look for.

Thanks
rescober

Bootlover101
05-27-2008, 10:55 PM
to locate the ABS sensors on your Disco, push the sensor all the way in untill thay touch the excitor ring, then take your Disco for a drive. The excitor ring will as you drive "knock" the sensors into position. This is how the book tells you how to do it. After replacing the wheel bearings on my 98' Disco 1, my ABS was on and the brakes pulsed. I bought the Book, pushed my sensors all the way in as the Book said to do and no more than pulled the Disco out of the shop and the light was out and the brakes worked great. If you have a rear axel seal thats leeking, this could cause your ABS lite to come on to as the sensor is getting all coverd in gear oil.
Hope this helps you.
Wayne/Minnesota, USA :thumb-up: