PDA

View Full Version : 1997 Discoveries

siii8873
06-23-2008, 03:06 PM
For sale two 1997 discoveries, one is an se the other is sl model. One needs very little work some sensor problems, and a second one which has been hit in the front left but has the sunroofs and all the bells&whistles on it. $2800 for both.
Call Mike @ (518) 643-0698 for details.

siii8873
08-26-2008, 06:33 PM
Price reduced to $1500 for both.

Les Parker
04-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Still avail ???

:cool:

DarthSnoopy
02-16-2010, 10:50 PM
Price reduced to $1500 for both.
Really... are they stil aval?
I won't step on Les's toes but I'm looking for a 96 97 to build for trailing.
Currently finishing my wife's 97 and want to start another.

rednoise
03-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Saw no reply as to whether these two discos were sold yet so thought I'd offer my current lawn ornament - a 97 disco

diff stuck (as is often the case but user fixable)
left rear driver brake caplier seal blown
no battery :P cracked windshield
the front door windows had their spot welds give way where connected to sprocket. Could be rewelded or riveted or such. Have a set of plugs and wires for it just haven't put them in yet. May need valve job or gasket, not sure which.

Find myself on the job market and no ability to fix it up as much as I want to. Has new wheels with nokian hakkapalita studded snows on them in very good shape. Maroon - wheels forest green. Made me feel like santa claus. Would have to be carted off for lack of brakes and battery. can email me: jeff AT cis DOT jhu DOT edu

Not trying to usurp original posters ad sorry if I offend

siii8873
04-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Sorry, guys I was posting these for someone else so had not checked the disco site in quite some time. These trucks are gone.

Les Parker
04-08-2010, 10:29 AM
rednoise, is yours a manual or auto?
Any pix? and price?

:)

rednoise
04-11-2010, 12:35 PM
It's auto - I'll charge up some batteries and take a few pics of it and post a new ad for it.

Last time I had posted trying to sell this as a parts car or project I got a bunch of inquiries thinking that it was all set to drive home :P

I'd like to be able to squeeze 1500 out of it, that's about how much I spent on the new snow tires and wheels as I recall, suppose I could just advertise those and say the rest of it comes with lol :)

rednoise
04-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Hoping to get $1500 for it, cover the cost of exhaust, wheels, and tires I put on it before brakes went out

in pretty good shape aside from what needs to be repaired:

rear driver side break - caliper seal blew
plugs & wires - have a set just haven't put them in yet
needs battery
windshield cracked
4wd stuck in - saw a guide on how to fix that but don't have the tools or mechanical incliniation to take care of it :P
window gears weld spots gave out - rivet or re-weld

The good things:
new exhaust
new wheels
new hakkapalita studded snows
not rusted out underneath