PDA

View Full Version : one shot swivel lube wont load

KSMTAW
07-10-2008, 04:52 AM
After a 27 mile ride home in 80+ degree heat, I drained the swivel housings on my 94 disco. A decent amount of black grease slowly came out.

I snipped the top off of one of the lube packs and tried to fill up the swivel housing. The stuff gets air locked or soemthing. I stuck my finger in the top of the housing and it feels like the swivel ball is only about 1" down and there isn't much room for the new thick goo to flow down into the housing.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to heat the new grease up so it is more liquid? Should I do this in a pot of warm water on the stove?

How have you filled your swivel housings?

Thanks-
Todd

rover_chump
07-10-2008, 03:58 PM
You might want to try to take out both the "fill" and "level" plugs...then squirt it in there. (you may be having a pressure issue) :thumb-up:
Peace,
Art

KevinNY
07-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Turn the wheel all the way to lock left and then fill the drivers swivel (LHD). Reverse it for the other side. At full lock the bell of the CV is out of the way and you can snake the disposable plastic tube that comes with some CV grease right down past the bell and squeze it right in in less time than than it takes to type this.

KSMTAW
07-11-2008, 04:44 AM
Truning the wheels lock to lock was just the ticket. Went in quick and clean. Thank You.

Todd