PDA

View Full Version : Where is my PCV

Colorado Rover
07-28-2008, 11:00 AM
Hey all - dumb question - where is the PCV valve located on a 4.6L Bosch engine (04 Disco II)? Thanks for the help.

Colorado Rover
08-20-2008, 01:53 PM
I will only surmise that nobody else has found a PCV valve. After some research on tinkering it looks as if ther is no PCV valve at the valve cover. Rather, a vent stack with a small hole that is supposed to act like a PCV valve. If interested take a look at my post from today in the thread regarding oil consumption for 04 Disco. - oil soncumption resolved.

mferdinand
08-24-2008, 12:42 PM
I had the same question regarding my Diso II '03. I have a part # LLJ000010 called an oil separator which came as part of a PCV kit
(PCV KIT - BOSCH ENGINE Item: 9205B) sold by Atlantic British. I installed the two hoses but have no idea where the oil separator goes. Does it go in the hose itself or do I need to take off the valve cover and put it inside the vent stack that you referred to earlier.

Can anyone advise? Thanks, Mark

xengineguy
01-18-2009, 09:47 PM
I have a 2001 DII the oil seperator is located in the pass,side valve cover..The rubber hose pushes over an aluminum "tube" that projects up from the cover,inside this "tube" is the oil seperator. To remove it,spray the inside of the tube with a small amount of carb cleaner,let it set a couple minuites,then repeat, With pliers gently wiggle and pull streight up,will pull out easy if you dont hurry. I bet it will like mine,completely plugged!!!!! I also drilled the plastic fitting screwed into the intake a little bigger,to apx.3/16"... After this "mod" the small oil leaks on my disco are gone!!!!!