PDA

View Full Version : 97 disco braking clunk & electrical

graemers
10-07-2008, 09:34 PM
hi

I have many questions, but I'll stick with the two reply bugging me

Firstly I was driving down a bumpy road and all of a sudden my hazards started blinking. Button was off. There is a strange clicking flashed type noise coming from the passenger kick panel. When using the signals which didn't workcorrectly, the trailer indicator would flash I itermittently. So in a pinch I began pulling fuses, and the top panel (panel "c" above "a" underneath the steering column) I pulled the far left fuse which my book says is the rear a/c and rear defog. Any ideas what could have happened to this circuit? Signal and hazard lights work fine once I pulled the fuse

Secondly when I slow to a stop I have a loud disengaging clunk. It seems to be getting worse over time. Should I give it a fluid change in the tranny or transfer box? It sounds like something is hesitating to disengage and then it hits hard. Just curious

Thanks for any input!!

Matt

amonaliberty
10-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Matt:
I have a Disco 1996, manual trans and when Im driving in a bumpy road the alarm system get activate and start doing the same symptons that you describe. I always park to the side and turn of the vehicle and drive the key to on and back to off twice. It work my disco! If I just do it once, when I tried to lock the doors, it does not work. I recommend to visit a electromechanic to fix the alarm sensor that is back of the glove compartment and is responsible to sensing if the vehicles is push or crash. I hope be helpful.

hi

I have many questions, but I'll stick with the two reply bugging me

Firstly I was driving down a bumpy road and all of a sudden my hazards started blinking. Button was off. There is a strange clicking flashed type noise coming from the passenger kick panel. When using the signals which didn't workcorrectly, the trailer indicator would flash I itermittently. So in a pinch I began pulling fuses, and the top panel (panel "c" above "a" underneath the steering column) I pulled the far left fuse which my book says is the rear a/c and rear defog. Any ideas what could have happened to this circuit? Signal and hazard lights work fine once I pulled the fuse

Secondly when I slow to a stop I have a loud disengaging clunk. It seems to be getting worse over time. Should I give it a fluid change in the tranny or transfer box? It sounds like something is hesitating to disengage and then it hits hard. Just curious

Thanks for any input!!

Matt