PDA

View Full Version : Guinness and the Rover Gods

JSalyer
01-03-2007, 04:27 AM
http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/images/icons/icon1.gif Guiness and the Rover Gods
A note for my fellow Roverphiles:rolleyes: .....

I have always found that when dealing with Rovers that have a questionable history:sly: (ie probably owned by soccer mommies, lawyers out to impress, children of the rich and famous) and distinct lack of maintenance in their past it pays off well to make offerings to the Rover Gods before working on the Rover in question.......

You will find Rover ownership is a religious experience in itself!!!

There is nothing like laying on your back in freezing water in January, with a 2' breaker bar in hand trying to loosen the filler plug of an 87 RR Classic that last had said filler plug out in 1987 as the bloke in Sollihull installed it the first time. As said breaker bar slips and the hand and arm come in contact with various parts of the suspension:eek: (large and overengineered too!!) at an amazing amount of speed, words of religious importance flow like holy water.......... the neighbors will believe that a midwest hellfire and damnation revival is going on 3 miles away......

Or similarly, you spend all week working in the dash to rectify the corroded connections, bad grounds, and all the other electrical gremlins, only to proudly take your signifigant other "out in the Rover" to dinner and the orchestra(of course wearing your only suit, all your other clothing is oily jeans, and Rover tshirts) only to have the evil "Prince of Darkness" close in on you on the interstate, and the Rover slowly grinds to a halt, of course the flashers dont work either:confused: .......

Soooo.............

Me and my fellow Rover gearheads have found a liberal dosing of Liquid wrench(most importantly; applied for 7 days in a row!!)on the suspect part, followed by the sacrifice of a bottle of generic motor oil(Napa silver 10w40 is .95 cents/qt.), and a Pint of Guiness goes a long way to pleasing these Rover Gods:D .

If the above fails to help the pain of ownership, the Liquid wrench can start one heck of a fire on a cold night on the trailhead, the oil can be put in almost weekly without fear of overfilling, and the Guiness; well I think you know what to do with that.......

:thumb-up: Cheers,
Jack of Bavaria

JSalyer
01-05-2007, 11:12 AM
:eek: :eek: I MISPELLED GUINNESS-I AM WAITING FOR BOTH OF MY ROVERS TO BURST INTO FLAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TSR53
01-05-2007, 11:36 AM
I fixed the spelling in the thread title. All good to go now, no worries.

JeffB
01-09-2007, 10:15 AM
If that isn't accurate, then I dont know what is...

TSR53
01-09-2007, 10:18 AM
:eek: :eek: I MISPELLED GUINNESS-I AM WAITING FOR BOTH OF MY ROVERS TO BURST INTO FLAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jack just left out and additional "N" in the title and I fixed his spelling errors (he must have had a bad dream with the Land Rover Gods or something). :gulp: Anyway, here is a proper Guinness cheers to the gods :cheers: