PDA

View Full Version : leaky roof

whannarover
11-13-2008, 09:17 AM
Hello there, my wife has a 2000 discovery II. When it rains or she goes through the car wash she gets a small amount of water driping from the seat belt upper mounting location. Anybody else have this problem? Iknow there is some drains by the taillights inside the body could these be the problem? not sure.

Les Parker
11-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Is this the centre row seat belt mount?
That's where the drain tubes run down. Have you blown compressed air down the drain tubes to clear them?
Also open the sun (moon?) roofs and see is there is any debris in the channels or entrance to the drain channels.

spacemutt
11-17-2008, 06:08 PM
Yes, clean out the drain tubes. If that doesn't work try replacing the sun roof seals (EEQ500071 I think...). If it still leaks then you will need to take the roof lining down, take out the sunroofs and seal them back in place with new black RTV. It's a big job but the only way to stop it.

SixthFlick
07-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Is this the centre row seat belt mount?
That's where the drain tubes run down. Have you blown compressed air down the drain tubes to clear them?
Also open the sun (moon?) roofs and see is there is any debris in the channels or entrance to the drain channels.

Les - where are the drain channels / tubes located within the sunroof track? I looked this afternoon and can't seem to figure out what I'm looking for? Do you have any photos you could post?

HeadlinerExpress
08-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Land Rover (http://www.landroversonly.com/forums/#) Disco's only have 2 Drain Tubes Per Sunroof.

Range Rovers, Freelanders all have 4 Drain Tubes per Sunroof!

Their can be several reasons your having water issues , most likely Not a Sunroof glass Seal!!

#1) The External Plastic Trim Ring in which the Glass & Seal lay into with age & Heat Warp and does not allow the Glass to lay Flush on the Sunroof Rubber Seal. So water can run under the glass and into your Discovery.

#2) Discoverys only Have 2 Plastic Cups that the Drain Tubes attach to that are located on the corners of the Sunroof Cartridge, these Plastic cups and Plastic Tube Ends Break Off the Sunroof Cartridge from age & Heat as well. That can be a problem because the Drain tubes are located below the Headliner Board.

#3) My recommendation would be to remove the Headliner Board and Water Test the Roof with a Garden Hose to see if indeed the Sunroof Drains or Trim Ring or Windshield are the issue or not.

#4) Discovery's are notorious for front Windshield Leaks too. The only way to resolve the Water issue is to know where the water leak is coming from Removing the Headliner Board is the only way to eliminate all possibility's

#5) Email me with any questions, I can walk you through any issues you are having. Bill