PDA

View Full Version : COMPUTER RESET

Donagh
01-05-2007, 02:48 PM
I have a 2000 RR HSK 4.6 and just had my battery replaced at a local auto shop. When I got home and shut off the car, the status display ran off a list of problems such as: windows not set, LR Front Window not set, RH Window not set, rear window not set, sunroof not set, etc. My security system was disabled, but I was able to reset it by putting the key in the driver's side door lock, and (while holding down the lock button) lock and unlock the door 3 times. However, I don't know how to reset the warnings (false) about the windows. Any suggestions that will save me an expensive trip to the dealer?

Donagh

sytrix
01-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Ignition on then wind each window fully down, then fully up again, holding your finger on the switch until the status display says "WINDOW SET". Same goes for the sunroof- open fully, close fully, tilt fully, close fully and wait for "SUNROOF SET" in the display. Until you do this, the BeCM will warn you that the windows aren't set each time you turn off the igntion (irritating), the one-touch open/close functions won't work, the total closure feature on the alarm won't work (inconvenient) and the safety reverse on block feature won't work, either.

Incidentally, fobs are synchronised to the alarm by (if the car is locked) pressing the unlock button then unlocking the car with the key. If the car is unlocked, press the lock button then lock the car with the key. You should only need to do it once for each fob.

Good luck!

Donagh
01-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Yup, that did it. Thanks a bunch for your quick, detailed reply! I have a qestion, however.

Near the end of your response, you mention that the 'total closure feature' on the alarm won't work (inconvenient) and the 'safety reverse' on block feature won't work, either. I purchased the vehicle 'pre-owned' and without an owner's manual. So I have no idea what those two term even refer to. What are they.

Thanks again,

Donagh