PDA

View Full Version : 1965 Land Rover Series IIA 88" - Restored

mnewkirk
11-21-2008, 11:11 AM
1965 Land Rover 88” Series IIA fully restored. This truck was a complete frame up restoration that took over 3 years to complete. Every aspect of the truck was rebuilt or replaced. The only items that are currently not complete are the hard top (Safari type), rear seats, and front door tops. The brakes were converted to the power brakes from a Series III. Engine was completely rebuilt and a new Weber carburetor was installed. This truck was previously placed for sale but couldn’t get myself to sell it; the truck is a very nice daily driver. The following is a partial list of items rebuilt or replaced:

New Galvanized frame which was rust proofing on the inside and painted on the outside.
New wiring harness includes all wiring.
6 tire and wheels
Regalvanized wind screen and many other parts.
Upgraded brake system including all new lines, wheel cylinders and all components.
Entire body was repainted one piece at a time, the under side of the truck looks a good as the outside.
Rebuild engine with new Weber carburetor.
Galvanized rock sliders from Pangolin 4x4.
Transmission was inspected and new seals and gaskets installed.
Too many to list.. All hardware is stainless steel (i.e bolts, screws)
The items that still need a little TLC are the wiper motors, worked at the time of installation but for some reason the motors seem to stick. I did take them apart and everything looked good. A small amount of oil does drip from the transmission, but as I under stand this is standard practice on these trucks. The leak only drips after a long drive and not when just sitting.

The photos are too large for this site so please email me if you would want some photos. I will take additional photos and post over the weekend.

This vehicle appraised for $16,000 am asking $14,000 or best offer.

Please feel free to call if you have any questions. 248-561-6616

Mike