PDA

View Full Version : Optima D31A Battery

Rover7
01-06-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm thinking about buying an Optima D31A yellow top battery for my 95 4.0se and was wondering if this battery will fit and if anyone has one in their rover?

thanks

Mungrol
01-06-2007, 11:18 PM
I had a Optima red in my Classic and was very pleased with it. Will be going with Optima again when the current battery shows signs of needing to be replaced. I have had nothing but good from them and used them in about 4 vehicles now. I personally think they are worth the $$.

Just my .02 wait.... that is .03 now... new year and inflation and all.

Cheers,
Curly

J!m
01-08-2007, 05:19 PM
I second the Optima.

I still have the first yellow top I ever bought (about 1998- holy cow that's NINE YEARS) and it is currently in Mike's 101 starting his 4.0V8 with no problems at all.

I have a red top in my BMW, and two 1125 amp yellow tops (the BIG bastards) in the 110 spinning the 300Tdi with ease. I also have two solar panels to keep the batteries topped up, but that's for another post.

If your electrical system is in good shape, you will EASILY get five years from the Optima, quite possibly ten.

I did have one yellow top die on me, but it was in my series which spent two years in the woods obtaining a "patina". Apparently, something was left on (the key was on I think) and it finally killed it...:rolleyes: If the key was shut off, that battery would still be good today too I'm sure.

Rover7
01-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Good to hear the positive feedback, because I ordered the D31A yellow top.

aprecisionlude
02-02-2007, 03:09 PM
I replaced my battery once (just in general) and my 2002 RR shut down and I had to get it towed to the shop.:confused: