PDA

View Full Version : Roll Bar

GeoffWillis
12-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Anybody have any suggestions for a frame mounted roll bar for a 83ish 110? The MOD 110 I have comes with a roll bar, but its mounted to the body and I don't think it would be too useful in a rollover. My 110 is going to be used mostly off-roading (Not my everyday driver) and to that end I'd like to install a safe roll bar/cage. I sent East Coast Rovers an email asking for a rough idea of the cost of such a set up, but they've never replied. Guess if you have to ask how much, they figure you can't afford it. I would think that there has to be a bolt in/weld in set up already available aftermarket. Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks.
Geoff

ctrangie
12-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Several uk companies make them. I can think of safety devices and bettaweld off the top of my head.
Safety devices mad all the NAS rover cages. It is probably pretty tough to find a 110 cage in the states but I bet there are a few d90s being parted out. A lot of those parts would fit the 110- especially along the A pillar which is the toughest part to fit. You should be able to find a jeep shop that can fab up some rear mounts.

Eric W S
12-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Several uk companies make them. I can think of safety devices and bettaweld off the top of my head.
Safety devices mad all the NAS rover cages. It is probably pretty tough to find a 110 cage in the states but I bet there are a few d90s being parted out. A lot of those parts would fit the 110- especially along the A pillar which is the toughest part to fit. You should be able to find a jeep shop that can fab up some rear mounts.

Safety Devices just emerged from bankruptcy. Mike at ECR is having some cages made and will most likely be the only one to get any cages from them. They appear to be reluctant to re-enter the market for rovers.

www.d-90.com has details from the source.

Leslie
12-14-2008, 06:31 PM
I know Mike made his own roll bars and roll cages, but he wouldn't ship 'em, you had to deliver your vehicle for installation.

I think Bettaweld's gone.

SD, I recently talked with Stable Energies in NJ, they'll special order you what you want, if SD is making it.

If you meet up w/ the local 4x4 folks, they should be able to point you to a local fab shop that has a fella that can do some nice bending and welding, can make exactly what you want or need. (For example, in my neck of the woods, I'd head to Drake's shop: http://www.tdoffroad.com/?page_id=6 )

GeoffWillis
12-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the input folks. I believe the idea of finding someone local to "Bend the tubes" is the easiest way. I know what I want, just want to make sure it doesn't interfer with the top(s). Let you know how it goes. By the way, I finally got the Rover registered (Took 2 months, but worth it) and experemented with the "RoverDrive" unit. Shifted into it about 80 (km) and going strong as I approached 95 kph and ran out of road/nerve. Very smooth unit. Unfortunately I'll not be driving the rover for a couple of months (Surgery on torn rotator cuff last friday, shoulder imobilized for at least 6 weeks), but when I'm back on the road I'll give a full review of the over drive unit.
Geoff

truck70
01-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Geoff, I have an NAS 110 cage I might be selling.
Ron
781 640 264zero

Maryland 110
01-07-2009, 04:13 PM
http://www.ppcages.com/index.php?Rollcage=gallery/landrover