PDA

View Full Version : Headlight failure on 94 D90

qwreigh
12-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Hello: I have a problem with my headlights and unfortunately electrical is not my strong point.

Fog/Parking lights and interior lights come on when headlight switch is moved to 1st position. When moved to the second position (the headlights position) everything fails, interior lights, fog lights etc.

Is this likely just a bad headlight switch on my console? Or is this a relay somewhere?

Thanks!

dcwhybrew
12-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Hello: I have a problem with my headlights and unfortunately electrical is not my strong point.

Fog/Parking lights and interior lights come on when headlight switch is moved to 1st position. When moved to the second position (the headlights position) everything fails, interior lights, fog lights etc.

Is this likely just a bad headlight switch on my console? Or is this a relay somewhere?

Thanks!

Headlight switch - I had the same thing happen on my 96 D1.

baggins
12-29-2008, 01:39 PM
-Switch for sure. It's even better when it goes and you're on the road :) -I had to drive 9 miles holding the high beam lever back in my '94 D90 to get home once. How I miss that truck...

macgyver97701
01-09-2009, 08:45 PM
my brother had the same problem on his 97 d90 it was a fuse under the hood

Maryland 110
01-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Rover runs the full power going to the headlights through the switch and associated wiring as opposed to using a relay.
The result is the switches fail periodically

lady_offender
01-20-2009, 12:51 PM
i have a similar problem but the right headlamp does not turn on in 2nd position but it turns on only on high beams. Can that be switch issue too the fuses are all good. This is on 94 d-90

Maryland 110
01-22-2009, 10:51 AM
i have a similar problem but the right headlamp does not turn on in 2nd position but it turns on only on high beams. Can that be switch issue too the fuses are all good. This is on 94 d-90

That sounds like the right side low beam fuse or the filament in the bulb itself, not the switch. A much cheaper fix fortunately.

geatlander
02-01-2009, 06:52 PM
I always carry a spare headlamp switch in the center console. Driving at night with no headlights isn't as much fun as you might think.