PDA

View Full Version : central locking on 03 disco ..HELP !!!

sailorbob2008
12-29-2008, 04:14 PM
I have and 03 disco with 94K (SD). the central locking mechanism is not working... well maybe it is working too well. All of the doors and hatch are super locked and I can not open them... with the key etc. The drivers door can only be opened with the key. The alarm still works. but the car has become a one person vehicle... wife is pissed. this is one of our spare cars ... but givemn the snow in NH ... we use it a lot in the winter... HELP

Hammer38
12-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Can't say I ever saw a Disco super lock itself. I have seen 3 bad latches in a vehicle though. I would check wiring diagrams and see what the common link is between the three latches. It would seem the RF is seeing a signal. If they will not unlock manually, you might need to break into the passenger door and destroy that latch. That's where I would start if it's a latch problem.

sailorbob2008
12-30-2008, 04:31 PM
The locking mechanism for all of the locks ( trying to unlock only) does not work. The super lock was enabled by accident when I was at the airport. The problem (from the user side) is that now that the superlock is "on" I can't open any of the doors that do not have a key... only the driver's door has a key.... the car is now a one passenger vehicle.

Incidentally, the key will allow for me to unlock the alarm, and lock the doors (enabling the alarm)... but unlocking does bupkiss.

TIA

xengineguy
01-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Does the remote lock and un lock the drivers door? Might just need new battery in the remote?????

solihull109
01-20-2009, 08:48 PM
The locking mechanism for all of the locks ( trying to unlock only) does not work. The super lock was enabled by accident when I was at the airport. The problem (from the user side) is that now that the superlock is "on" I can't open any of the doors that do not have a key... only the driver's door has a key.... the car is now a one passenger vehicle.

Incidentally, the key will allow for me to unlock the alarm, and lock the doors (enabling the alarm)... but unlocking does bupkiss.

TIA
Find someone, or Indy shop that has Autologic, done. Hand over a couple of bills( hopefully not too many), and you'll have peace of mind.
Or, I believe somewhere in the manual it informs you how to disable "super lock" mode, but it's been too long since I've seen a manual..
Just my .02, good luck
Hey, I just had a thought, check the voltage coming out of your battery, you would not believe how screwed up a Disco can get on low voltage, I know it sounds stupid, but if theBCU is getting low voltage( where your security crap is located ), might be screwing with you... happy hunting, and post progress.

benderjoshua
02-07-2009, 02:21 PM
I too am having some issues with my 03 Disco II. The driver's door actuator is not working with the remote or dash button and so I replaced it with a used actuator and still having the same problem. Everything works with the key, i.e. the alarm. I called the dealer and they stated it isn't a program problem but would hate to have to take it to them. ANyone got any ideas?

El hefe de Bombaros
03-08-2009, 11:39 PM
I have and 03 disco with 94K (SD). the central locking mechanism is not working... well maybe it is working too well. All of the doors and hatch are super locked and I can not open them... with the key etc. The drivers door can only be opened with the key. The alarm still works. but the car has become a one person vehicle... wife is pissed. this is one of our spare cars ... but givemn the snow in NH ... we use it a lot in the winter... HELP

You might try disconnecting the battery and letting the BCU go dumb. That might reset the system to the default mode of no super lock. Sorta like doing a hard boot on you computer (i.e., pulling the plug).:thumb-up: