PDA

View Full Version : Series lll 109 3 door 2.6

Deadhead Derek
01-09-2009, 02:44 PM
I have a 74 109, 6 cyl with less than 45k orig on it. It does have a few quirks, but rust free with a couple of tiny exceptions, and a daily driver. I have upgraded quite a few parts, as I fly fish out in the wilds of the high desert of Oregon and wanted to know that my parts were still strong. I believe I am the 2nd owner in the states, and that it came over from Switzerland around 1998 Jump seats for 8 in the back, and home made mud ladders, as well as near every part I ever removed come with it. $10,900 OBO
The phone number is in my furniture/ cabinet shop, so I most likely won't hear it right away. If I don't just leave a message.
http://picasaweb.google.com/yankeederek/1974Rover?authkey=iTxp4cyrDLM

Deadhead Derek
01-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Ok, a few more details. New corded tires (5) so that there wasn't a radial bulge, new water pump, alternator, master and wheel cylinders, shoes and turned drums. New high output transfer case, new parabolic springs and new old man emu shocks. New tailgate ( a gift from my wife) though the original is included. new seat bottoms for the driver and passenger, but not the middle (didn't need it). new fan belt.

It does have a few needs; high/low light switch.. switches, but wire to high must have a break in it.
Paint on the radiator panel, hood, and firewall is primer. the paint had some rock chips and I had it in my shop for a bit so I sanded it down and primed it.
Just haven't painted the body color yet. the top has a couple of spots from where the mud ladders mount where the paint is a little punky. (in the pics)
Small wrinkle in the safari roof where it appears someone stepped off the roof rack. The under side of the hood and the drivers side under fender tin is the roughest part of the vehicle. The window tracks are definitely showing their age.
Nothing huge, but just wanted to lay it all out.

Deadhead Derek
01-28-2009, 09:24 AM
With two Rovers available in the same area of Oregon, why not pick them both up for a fleet? ( series l listed on this page as well)

Deadhead Derek
02-18-2009, 09:31 AM
Going.........Going.......

Cutter
02-25-2009, 10:09 AM
Gone!:thumb-up:

Deadhead Derek
02-25-2009, 11:47 AM
you beat me to it... Enjoy my (your) Rover. it is a beauty.

Cutter
03-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Thanks Derek, the rover arrived today, its all that you said! Thanks to Rovers North as well. Now to tune it up and begin the general foolishness.