PDA

View Full Version : Series 1 Land Rover with a Twist - SOLD

roverso
01-27-2009, 11:10 PM
This is a 1956 Series 1 Land Rover with Safari Pickup Cab, extensive updates and matching Series 1 trailer. This little truck went through a frame off restoration in 2001 by a gentleman out of Fort Collins Colorado—this being his 26th restoration on a Land Rover. Not only was every nut and bolt taken apart this Series 1 was updated with an engine and axles from a Series IIA Land Rover---and a full synchronized four speed transmission and transfer case from a Series III Land Rover. So you have the look of a Series I with the ease of parts and more enjoyable driving habits of Series IIA and III Land Rover. The interior of the cab and seats are covered in the classic elephant hide that these old rigs where known to have. All wiring was replaced and a custom fuse panel was made. The gentleman whom restored this car spent a lot of time on the little details including painting a Land Rover logo on the frame. The Safari Pickup Cab is one of a kind with two vents in the roof. The trailer sits on a galvanized frame and features many lockable pockets to place items, along with the tools strapped to the side of the trailer. Interior of the trailer is sprayed with a liner. Trailer has the classic Series tail lights but is in need of a harness to plug them into the back of the truck. Photos of the truck can be seen at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23167882@N07/sets/
Feel free to email me or call me with questions about the truck. Asking price is $14,000.00 or Best Offer. Truck is located in Bend, OR 97701. I have a clear title for the truck—trailer did not require a title when it was registered—so I do not have one.
Thanks for looking Scott
soncken@gmail.com
(541) 550-6300

Deadhead Derek
01-28-2009, 09:10 AM
Nice Rover.. what is it with us guys from Bend selling our Rovers.. we should park ours together at my shop , and sell like a Rover dealer.Power in numbers and all that. Good luck with your sale, it is a cool Rover.

roverso
02-09-2009, 12:47 AM
A lot of interest and few offers but as of tonight the truck is still for sale.

griswald
02-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Wow,
I have had 3 Series IIa's over the years. Currently own a 1971 late IIa

That is a really well done restoration, and I think, a screaming deal at $14k compared to what others are asking for trucks that are not half as well done and double the money!

Griswald

roverso
03-16-2009, 12:42 AM
Sold