PDA

View Full Version : Anyone off road their rover?

Dantelaterra
02-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Hey, I off road my rover all the time and I'm wondering if there are people on this community that take their rover's off roading? Anyone take their rover's off road? Or are there any other Land Rover Off road enthusiasts out there?:thumb-up:

CliftonRover
02-24-2009, 06:00 PM
yeah I would say I wheel quite a bit here is a pic of the rangie at romp going up the ice climb (trying).

it took me forever to change this picture to be able to upload it. sorry if its no good.

Dantelaterra
02-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Hey man, great picture! I gotta get some pics together of my range with the new bumper and winch! I'll have to upload that pic to my site, keep checkin for it, I'll probly do it tomorrow, http://www.LROffroad.com the site is getting tons of hits lately, I'm excited hopefully the Reader's Rides section will start to grow, and at the start of the second quarter the rover dealer down here is doing a ralley, I should be going along with them to do recovery and take pics!! I hope my 12k winch will be enough:) what's the weight of your winch?

CliftonRover
02-24-2009, 09:21 PM
the front winch is a Mile marker 10,500 lb hydraulic and the rear is a warn M8000.

Dantelaterra
02-26-2009, 09:26 AM
front and rear, man, you don't play games! That's great

99discovery1sd
02-28-2009, 12:19 AM
i drive the hell out of my disco thats what its made for,i did 1400 worth of damage the first day i bought it mudding ,hit a tree ripped the exhaust off and knocked out my alignment,fun day though

Dantelaterra
02-28-2009, 01:00 PM
haha, $1400 worth of damage, that sounds familiar:) I took my 96 disco out one day and got tuck in a forest and had to leave it over night, the next I eventually drove out of it and on my way off the trail I lost my brakes and slammed a tree sending my ARB Bullbar into my side panel and hood, smashing a headlight and blinked and that costed a pretty penny to fix, i also had to replace my front axels since the front of my landie was underwater all night. That's what I get for going off roading at 1am :) You can see the truck I took off road at http://www.LROffroad.com :thumb-up:

spacemutt
02-28-2009, 04:07 PM
I've off roaded all my Land Rovers except the 4.6 Classic. :p

99discovery1sd
02-28-2009, 07:13 PM
haha thats awesome sounds like a fun night

Dantelaterra
02-28-2009, 09:15 PM
it was definately a night to remember:) You should all send me pics of you offroading and I'll upload them to my website, and if you have a great story to go with a pic then I'll do a feature on the front page! This month is all about the LR3, but I could use something good for next month!:thumb-up:

99discovery1sd
03-01-2009, 05:57 PM
yeah deffinatly ill see what i got i think i got some pictures from the blue ridge parkway on their jeep trails, i see your in charlotte nc thats not to to far from here if your ever in va let me know i know some hidden trails in the blue ridge mountains

Dantelaterra
03-01-2009, 06:46 PM
how far away from Uwharrie National Forest do you live? I like going there, but if VA isn't too far maybe I could head up there. I just hate to drive a couple hours just to go offroad, that's exhausting

99discovery1sd
03-02-2009, 04:30 PM
i think from charlotte your about 2 hours from the parkway where i go , i live about three hours from there now, im not sure where uwharrie national forest is im gonna look it up, but yeah its sucks having to travel just to get some time with your rover unfortunately i dont know of any trails around where i live but we just got a pretty good snow im gonna take some pics when i get off work and send em to you

99discovery1sd
03-02-2009, 04:53 PM
that national forrest is almost six hours from where i live now

Dantelaterra
03-03-2009, 02:12 PM
too bad Uwharrie is so far, maybe we can meet up at that place off the parkway. A few hours isn't too bad, but I gotta get a job before I do anything :) I was just downsized! danget! Send me the pics though! and tell me some about your rover and I should have enough time to put them into the site!

99discovery1sd
03-03-2009, 06:05 PM
yeah ill do that , yeah downsizing sucks , thats why i moved to northern va to get a better job, my roomate owns 3 properties in charlotte he said hes lost a **** ton of money, and yeah i gotta get some work done before i go wheeling but those trails dont open untill late april anyway so maybe we can hit it around mayish, ill try to send you those pics tonight along with some info about my rover

Dantelaterra
03-06-2009, 09:09 AM
yeah ill do that , yeah downsizing sucks , thats why i moved to northern va to get a better job, my roomate owns 3 properties in charlotte he said hes lost a **** ton of money, and yeah i gotta get some work done before i go wheeling but those trails dont open untill late april anyway so maybe we can hit it around mayish, ill try to send you those pics tonight along with some info about my rover

hey man, did you send the pics?