PDA

View Full Version : IIA featured in Rover News Newfoundland story

PH4
01-17-2007, 01:46 PM
Anyone know what the Green SW 109 IIA featured in Rover News Newfoundland story sold for on ebay? I saw it listed a few weeks ago but forgot to mark it as watch item. I am curious as to the final selling price. Quite a nice Rover.

NelsAnderson
01-17-2007, 05:05 PM
It did not sell; did not meet the reserve price. Apparently he wants a lot of money for it.

One nice feature of eBay is that you can view completed auctions. This is really nice to get an idea what things are worth. If this works, here's the link to the auction you're asking about:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-Land-Rover-Series-IIA-109_W0QQitemZ290068359706QQihZ019QQcategoryZ6296QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

CMorris
01-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Hi PH, My 109 did in fact sell. A local gentleman who knew of the truck bought it when he found out it was for sale, that's why I ended the EBAY auction early. The truck sold in the mid-twenties, and I would say that seems to be the market for a truck of that caliber (there were three other buyers out of state prepared to meet the reserve, so they said, had the auction made it to the end)........certainly not a museum piece, but a very well equipped, nice solid truck restored by one of the best that needed nothing but to be driven and enjoyed. Take care.........

PH4
01-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Thank you for your response. The restoration and outfitting of your Rover was one of the best I have seen without cutting up too much of the original design. I am getting ready to begin setting mine up for expedition and will use yours as a go-by for much of the changes.

I am curious as to the type of heater you had on the back of the cubby box.Was that a Rover military heater or non-Rover heater?

CMorris
01-21-2007, 01:44 PM
The heater was the original military ambulance heater, not quite a Mansfield but it got the job done, specially on the windshield defrost end of things.
Good luck with your project,
Colby