PDA

View Full Version : Brewery Visit Around Maine Winter Romp?

Jeff Aronson
01-25-2007, 04:48 PM
Last week I pulled my II-A over at a gas station to get some coffee. When I returned to the car, there was a Geary's Pale Ale truck beside my Rover. Heaven must be just like this - a running Land Rover and a Geary's beer truck.

If you're lucky enough to live somewhere where Geary's is available, you know that it's a wonderful brew. Turns out that van driver was a sales manager for Geary's and he noted that David Geary, the owner and brewmaster, was also a fan of classic vehicles.

So I have an idean. If you're visiting Maine in mid-February for the Maine Winter Romp, why not meet in Portland, ME, for a visit to the brewery. We could make this a Friday afternoon visit before the event. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to make the arrangements, post directions, etc.

Let me know.

Jeff

Bostonian1976
01-26-2007, 09:33 AM
wish I had all of the required gear for winter romp! sounds fun!!

KevinNY
01-26-2007, 09:55 PM
The most important gear is the right attitude and warm clothes.

a109
01-31-2007, 09:03 AM
Sounds like a great idea Jeff but I'll be coming from the other end of the State and thanks to inconvenient ferry times will be in Unity in the wee hours of Friday morning.

John

daveb
02-01-2007, 08:05 AM
Crikey. great idea. Just had a geary's down here in DC the other day. I was a little surprised to see it. It was even better than I recalled. Anyway, I'll be at the romp but I'm flying into Portland from Seattle (long story) on Thursday, renting a car and then driving to Benton.

So, skip the tour and just grab a 24. bring it up and we'll help you consume it!

cheers
DaveB

a109
02-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Crikey. great idea. Just had a geary's down here in DC the other day. I was a little surprised to see it. It was even better than I recalled. Anyway, I'll be at the romp but I'm flying into Portland from Seattle (long story) on Thursday, renting a car and then driving to Benton.

So, skip the tour and just grab a 24. bring it up and we'll help you consume it!

cheers
DaveB

Hmmm a 24? we tend to get thirsty at the Romp a 24 might be insufficient :D

John

daveb
02-06-2007, 08:00 AM
I was trying to go easy on him. I'd bring one too but it might not fit in the overhead compartment. One of these days I'll have a Land rover @ the romp again :(

Jeff Aronson
02-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Hi John! I remember the ferry very well on a wonderful trip to Nova Scotia. Have a great drive down the Airline, too!

Hi Dave! Great to hear that you're leaving the Potomac for the Sebasticook. Glad you've had the chance to enjoy a Gearys; the sales manager I met told me it was sold down your way.

I'll certainly be happy to supply some for interested parties. I don't remember what's on tap or in the cooler at The Official Hotel of the Maine Winter Romp. They might not stock Gearys.

See you there,

Jeff